Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall Companion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KY-Lonewolf

Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2019
Kentucky
Anybody having trouble with Powerwall Companion?
"Connection failed"
Problem started last night.
I'm trying to find out if the problem is just local with me or if others are having trouble with the app.
thanks

I have no idea what "powerwall companion" is, but tesla recently blocked AWS from their car APIs, and many services use Amazon AWS. If its cloud hosted by AWS that could be what you are experiencing.

(I realize you are talking about powerwall and not car, but since tesla has been at least briefly blocking AWS I would not be surprised if whatever app this is was also impacted)

Maybe it is just me, but the Tesla app is not currently working - shows last update as an hour ago and is not connecting, even after re-starting the app. Going straight to the gateway via a browser, I see my system running normally. So is it possible there is a larger issue with Tesla services at the moment?

Maybe it is just me, but the Tesla app is not currently working - shows last update as an hour ago and is not connecting, even after re-starting the app. Going straight to the gateway via a browser, I see my system running normally. So is it possible there is a larger issue with Tesla services at the moment?

its not just you... tesla app not working for me right now (7:45am PST) either. This happens occasionally so I figure it will get sorted out today sometime.

I just checked my two third party tesla apps (Powerwall Monitor for the Apple Watch and Remote S for the iPhone and Apple Watch) and I was disappointed to see that neither would connect. But then a few minutes later I discovered that the official tesla app isn’t connecting either, so maybe it’s a bigger problem.

The official tesla app was working for me about an hour ago, so this seems to be a recent problem.

Thanks for all the feedback.......
As of 12:55 EDT my iPhone Tesla App works just fine and is current with its information.
I never saw the Tesla iPhone App stop working.
Powerwall Companion for windows does NOT work.
Weird......I would assume they both use the same server data?

@jjrandorin ........ maybe you are on to something?

For reference, I'm on 1.48.0 / 3.10.8

Thanks for all the feedback.......
As of 12:55 EDT my iPhone Tesla App works just fine and is current with its information.
I never saw the Tesla iPhone App stop working.
Powerwall Companion for windows does NOT work.
Weird......I would assume they both use the same server data?

@jjrandorin ........ maybe you are on to something?
I also use the Powerwall Companion app on my Windows device and it is failing (Connection failed. Please try again) as of late last evening. I had the same issues with Tesla Powerwall app this morning but its back as of about 11am EST. FWIW, there have been multiple reports on TMC forums of Tesla closing down some of the undocumented API access to many 3rd party services such as TeslaFi and others.

• Informative
Reactions: KY-Lonewolf
I've got problems with the Powerwall Companion app as of yesterday afternoon, on two different Android devices. Keeps asking me to log in, but then just shows a black screen, apart from the Tesla Powerwall logo at the top.

As the "proper" Tesla app is incredibly slow to run for me, I've been relying on the Powerwall Companion for quick monitoring and will be very sad if it's stopped working permanently.

I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, to no avail. Anyone else got problems?

Thanks.