Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall/gateway not playing ball with my podpoint and intelligent octopus tarif (UK)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my new solar installed last week with a Tesla power wall and gateway but I am having a problem charging my Electric cars with my Podpoint charger installed 2 years ago. Every time I plug the charger into the car, for some reason it will stop charging. A red light will indicate on the charger, and I need to reset the charger.

I have noticed it only allows me to charge at off-peak, 11.30 pm to 4.30 am

I have a tariff with Octopus Energy called “intelligent” It allows me to plug in the charger at any time and it will set up a charge pattern and let me charge at off-peak.

I have also noticed that when the charger is plugged into my car, the Tesla battery is full and my house demand is lower than what the solar is generating it will feed the excess power back to the grid, surely this is not correct and not to my car.

is there some setting that i have done wrong ?? can anyone point me in the right direction ??

Perhaps related: when I had solar, pod point and Tesla model S, before I had the powerwall fitted, the pod point would trip in bright sunlight. Pod point altered the settings. In bright sunlight it charges at 7kw. Other times it's 6. This stopped it tripping.
Regarding the powerwall, mine was limited to 3.6kw output when installed. I asked them to increase it to 5kw output; they needed permission from the local grid to do that.