Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall output limited to 3.4kw

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My battery when fully charged only discharges at a rate of 3.4 kwh . Spoke with cs and they said they agreed but don't know why ..

my settings are cost savings and at 10% or so left of soc it gives the 5k output it should for about 10 minutes.. my house has a current draw of about 5.5 kw .. have electric oil heaters running 24/7.

I've read that there is a setting in the wizard that somehow caps the output for the givin electrical provider rules and regs .. I couldn't find anything..

Waiting for a call back from tier 2

So after tier 2 poked around a bit they solved nothing.. it seems they say it's not a cooling issue and by the looks of it they don't know why I can only get a short ten minutes or so of 5 kwh of output before the gateway starts sucking off the utility companies power .. I'll have to press them to fix this ..

So after tier 2 poked around a bit they solved nothing.. it seems they say it's not a cooling issue and by the looks of it they don't know why I can only get a short ten minutes or so of 5 kwh of output before the gateway starts sucking off the utility companies power .. I'll have to press them to fix this ..
Just a thought, but

(1) Power down the Powerwalls if you can, one at a time, and bring them up.
(2) If you can log into the Powerwall portal on your gateway, there should be a reboot or restart Powerwall. Do that as well.

Just a thought.

I will try that .. they battery tier 2 guy returned my call stating that the current temperature in my garage is the cause for the low discharge rate... Its 58 degrees in my garage maybe as low as 55 at 4pm. Can anyone confirm ..

I will try that .. they battery tier 2 guy returned my call stating that the current temperature in my garage is the cause for the low discharge rate... Its 58 degrees in my garage maybe as low as 55 at 4pm. Can anyone confirm ..
That seems highly unlikely and sounds pretty optimal for batteries if I were to guess. Plenty of people with the batteries outside too.

Reactions: miimura
My 2 PW's are located in the basement with temp around 50F this time of the year. Last week, I used the last 20% of the PW to charge my car. It output 10 kW for 30 minutes until it was empty.

Reactions: hodad66