Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall "Storm Watch" Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So got the new update around a week ago with my PW2 for Storm Watch.

Just wondering if anyone knows where Tesla gets the data for storms in Australia? Since the update, I've had 2 quite heavy storms and nothing has happened to the Powerwall. Didn't prompt me and/or charge before the storm. Wondering if this is just an Aussie thing because it's new??

Any help's appreciated!

So got the new update around a week ago with my PW2 for Storm Watch.

Just wondering if anyone knows where Tesla gets the data for storms in Australia? Since the update, I've had 2 quite heavy storms and nothing has happened to the Powerwall. Didn't prompt me and/or charge before the storm. Wondering if this is just an Aussie thing because it's new??

Any help's appreciated!

I’m in Sydney Australia too, and my PW2 never seems to activate storm mode either. I wonder if it’s even available in Australia yet?

I wonder what weather service they use?

This is an old thread but I thought I'd ask for an update of peoples experience of "Storm Watch", particularly for those of you in Australia. As I write this my grid has gone down. Just a local issue but it is during a widespread high wind event which has been on all the news for the NSW coastline. Unfortunately my Powerwall has no storm watch alerts and as such did not charge to full. In fact, I don't think it has ever received an alert since it was installed over 2 years ago. The current wind storm has caused alerts to my phone from my insurer AAMI who seem to be much more tuned in to weather related events.

Here is a PNG of the current severe weather warning. This comes from the national weather service website (BoM)

Thoughts anyone?
stormwatch.png