Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-Owned MS Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone seen whether there is a premium for a Signature edition? My wife just got into med school and we are shipping off to New Zealand in February. I'm looking to post S2108 up soon with around 38,000km (mostly highway) on it.

Is it a Performance? If so there's someone in the GTA who has been shopping around for a used S. Luclyluciano is his/her handle. I'd suggest shooting a PM.

Has anyone seen whether there is a premium for a Signature edition? My wife just got into med school and we are shipping off to New Zealand in February. I'm looking to post S2108 up soon with around 38,000km (mostly highway) on it.
I wouldn't put it the way yobigd20 did, but I would say this:

If someone's looking to buy a car to drive, there's no (significant) additional value in the Signature Model S unless you really like the Signature Red exterior or the Signature White interior.

If someone's looking to buy a car to collect, it's a whole different decision.

I largely agree too, but just to muddy the waters a bit more:

While Tesla's assembly line procedures have no doubt improved over time, the amount of QA time appears to have decreased. According to the Consumer Reports data, the 2012 Model S vehicles are significantly more reliable than the 2013s. I am not sure for a day-to-day driver I'd go out of my way to find a sig, but I sure wouldn't rule them out either.

And if you are assessing value, remember that the sigs came with stuff that is now extra cost: alcantera headliner, full leather dash and doors, etc. But yeah, you can still get everything on the production cars.

While Tesla's assembly line procedures have no doubt improved over time, the amount of QA time appears to have decreased. According to the Consumer Reports data, the 2012 Model S vehicles are significantly more reliable than the 2013s. I am not sure for a day-to-day driver I'd go out of my way to find a sig, but I sure wouldn't rule them out either.

And if you are assessing value, remember that the sigs came with stuff that is now extra cost: alcantera headliner, full leather dash and doors, etc. But yeah, you can still get everything on the production cars.

Haven't had any major issue so far - only things done to the car are the regular service bulletins when I brought it in for the annual service and winter tire swap. Compared to what I've heard others dealing with she seems to be built right as far as I can tell (I'm not a car guy though).

Is it a Performance? If so there's someone in the GTA who has been shopping around for a used S. Luclyluciano is his/her handle. I'd suggest shooting a PM.

It is not a performance edition - probably the only feature I didn't get besides the child seats at the time (because our 1 year old was too small and I understood I could get the seats at a later date).