TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Pre-Paid Service Plan for CPO Tesla

Discussion in 'Model S' started by jacobp, Dec 25, 2015.

1. jacobp

jacobp Member

Hello all and happy holidays. Has anyone purchased the pre-paid annual service plan for a CPO car. I am getting conflcting information as to whether or not you can get that plan for a CPO car.

2. 2krazykats

2krazykats Member

I cant remember whether you can buy the pre-paid but I bet you can since that's just maintenance. I do know you can't buy the extended warranty on a CPO. It would be best to shoot an email to Tesla support to be sure if that is important to you before you decide.

3. Dithermaster

Dithermaster Member

I just bought a CPO and the service plan was offered. I will likely take it since I plan on keeping the car at least that long.

4. tanner

tanner Active Member

You can't buy additional service plans besides what's offered, which is a limited 50,000 mile / 4 year warranty.

5. CLLACAB

CLLACAB Member

I don't remember being offered a service plan. Can you share the details?

6. jacobp

jacobp Member

Just to be clear, I'm not asking about the extended service plan. I'm asking about the prepaid annual service checkups. I'm still getting conflicting information about that from different service centers.

7. dgpcolorado

dgpcolorado Member

#7 dgpcolorado, Dec 27, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    Service plans aside, what does the "limited" warranty cover? I presume that it begins at the time and miles when one takes possession of the car, right?
    Edit: I found it:
    https://www.teslamotors.com/sites/default/files/model-s-preowned-warranty.pdf

8. jgallops

jgallops Not so Well Known Member

Answering the OP's question, I was just told that you cannot purchase prepaid service plans for a CPO Tesla. Here is the quote:

"Unfortunately, the prepaid service plans are only available to the original owner of the
    vehicle, and not available to the subsequent owners, where purchased as a CPO vehicle, or through a private party.
    "

9. Beryl

Beryl Member

#9 Beryl, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    N/A