Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-Price Change Paint Configuration Change 10/16 Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As someone who found out almost 3 years ago at 56 I had a brain tumor, I agree completely with your post....

Sorry to hear that. I hope they have it under control. Since you used the word "had" - I sincerely hope so.

In the spirit of sharing, I was diagnosed with a chronic leukemia on my 65th birthday well over a year and a half ago. Like everything, you learn to live not knowing what lies in store for you. I kind of look at it as a way of putting on the "get up and live" glasses - because we really need those after some point.

I think a new Tesla is definitely the best thing for both of us (and all others). Embrace the future and take part in it. That is living, not sitting on the couch watching everyone else doing it.

Enjoy!

Reactions: puppers
Sorry to hear that. I hope they have it under control. Since you used the word "had" - I sincerely hope so.

In the spirit of sharing, I was diagnosed with a chronic leukemia on my 65th birthday well over a year and a half ago. Like everything, you learn to live not knowing what lies in store for you. I kind of look at it as a way of putting on the "get up and live" glasses - because we really need those after some point.

I think a new Tesla is definitely the best thing for both of us (and all others). Embrace the future and take part in it. That is living, not sitting on the couch watching everyone else doing it.

Sorry to hear about your leukemia diagnosis. It can be quite shocking to hear such news and I am glad to hear you have a positive outlook on life. I know I was shocked when I got my MRI results back.

My tumor is inoperable, since the base of the tumor is sitting on a blood vessel between the two hemispheres of the brain. Treated with Gamma Knife radiation therapy, which supposedly has killed the tumor cells. Have annual MRIs in my future now along with headaches and lots of medication.

I agree with you and getting the Model 3 last year was a nice distraction from all the health issues.

Stay strong and I hope you get your Tesla soon - I'm praying for you !!!

Yes, sounds similar. Shocking .. definitely yes! Gamma knife is supposed to be incredibly effective, though. I hope it has helped a lot in your case. My condition is chronic and the leukemia will never go away except in about 0.001% of cases! There are hundreds of possible outcomes - so I just am monitored on a quarterly basis unless I start to feel worse.

They don’t use medication for me, because the “treatment “ can be worse than the disease. Luckily treatments are getting better every year - literally. So I could go without treatment for 20+ years, or need intervention next week.

All this teaches you to definitely live for the moment. And yes, getting a Tesla is helpful to feel like life progresses, even if it is just a car. But I, and probably you as well, look at time differently.

Well, I hope a model 3 has helped you focus thoughts elsewhere. I know it sounds silly, but actively being part of the future is very therapeutic. Good luck with your Model 3! You stay strong too!

@jonquiljo - a little off topic here, but I see in your location you are in SF Bay Area - Marin. I stopped at the Corte Madera Superchargers on my way to the Presidio of San Francisco from Sacramento. Got there around 10:00 AM and man, that is one busy SC location. It was only the 3rd time I have SC the car since delivery on 12/5/18. Discovered some unused ChargePoint J1772s in the Presidio behind the hotel though...

Hope you get good news on your delivery soon - The Red Multi-Coat you ordered will be gorgeous !!!

@jonquiljo - a little off topic here, but I see in your location you are in SF Bay Area - Marin. I stopped at the Corte Madera Superchargers on my way to the Presidio of San Francisco from Sacramento. Got there around 10:00 AM and man, that is one busy SC location. It was only the 3rd time I have SC the car since delivery on 12/5/18. Discovered some unused ChargePoint J1772s in the Presidio behind the hotel though...

Hope you get good news on your delivery soon - The Red Multi-Coat you ordered will be gorgeous !!!

There are only 10 stations there, and it covers the entire county. So, if you live in Marin and you have free super charging, it's the only option.

There is another location planned for Marin City at the Target store (formerly Best Buy). Opening "this year".

Yup, not much this close to where I live - about 15-20 minutes north of Corte Madera (in good traffic). I'm going to have to rely on home charging. I've got to find an electrician soon. I have 200A service, but when we remodeled in 2015, they converted everything to Cal Title 24 (LED lighting, etc.). The main panel may need to be re-wired a bit. So I must have spare power somewhere. Our A/C systems are the only major power draw. Every light in the house is permanent fixture LED. Annoying requirement, but it's there now. It better be because I don't think I can get 400A service where I live.

Thanks for the good wishes. Enjoy your car as well!