Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prediction: Model X price will be reduced to $78K in January 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding Tesla needing to lower manufacturing costs to be able to lower prices, that has been happening with the cost of the most expensive component of EV's which are the batteries. Analysts stating raw material costs have dropped by over 60% in 2023 and still dropping. Now from other moves and impacts (inflation of other materials, labor wag increases, etc.) that is eating into some of that savings from being passed to consumers but as battery tech continues to improve and costs continue to drop, based on Elon's edicts if it continues, then prices will continue to slowly decline over time until a floor is found on material costs for the most expensive components of EV's.

Exactly, but it wouldn’t make sense for Tesla to increase the price all of a sudden now so they can drop it in a week or two. It would likely be months before another drop when they’ve evaluated how much more cost cutting they could do.

Again, Model X has probably been a sore pain in the butt for Tesla since it isn’t a high volume product for them, and the costs are still high for repair, and warranty repair costs as well.

Reactions: Skavatar
Exactly, but it wouldn’t make sense for Tesla to increase the price all of a sudden now so they can drop it in a week or two. It would likely be months before another drop when they’ve evaluated how much more cost cutting they could do.

Again, Model X has probably been a sore pain in the butt for Tesla since it isn’t a high volume product for them, and the costs are still high for repair, and warranty repair costs as well.
If they built it right and fixed the long standing issues it wouldnt be a pain in the butt

• Informative
Reactions: Skavatar and Tiger
That’s great insight! Tesla should hire you so that we all can benefit from your wisdom.

IMG_5937.jpeg

No matter what X won't increase in price due to tax credit. So for rest of the year, Model X will be $79,990 or less (I get color and seat options are an issue for some)...

If you are a buyer and not in rush, you can keep an eye out and make a decision in coming weeks or months.

I really think X buyers have upper hand. Tesla can't increase base price of X. So if sales suffer it can only go down.

No matter what X won't increase in price due to tax credit. So for rest of the year, Model X will be $79,990 or less (I get color and seat options are an issue for some)...

If you are a buyer and not in rush, you can keep an eye out and make a decision in coming weeks or months.

I really think X buyers have upper hand. Tesla can't increase base price of X. So if sales suffer it can only go down.

I am on my way to test drive a Y and a new X, I already did ask if X price was coming down and they somewhat hinted that it was but who knows.

I am somewhat interested in a Juniper, maybe, but if the X price comes down I am going to buy one.

They are really pushing to sell me a 2023 with heavy discounts but I am not interested.

I am on my way to test drive a Y and a new X, I already did ask if X price was coming down and they somewhat hinted that it was but who knows.

I am somewhat interested in a Juniper, maybe, but if the X price comes down I am going to buy one.

They are really pushing to sell me a 2023 with heavy discounts but I am not interested.
What do you mean by “hinted”?

Reactions: 0Q991 and X Fan

The X is hands down a different/better experience than the Y. I was going to get a performance Y but then decided to test drive the X and the decision was made within that test drive the X was in my future. Now I have an X in my driveway and smile every time I drive it.

I really think X buyers have upper hand. Tesla can't increase base price of X.

Well it did, couple days ago when the X increased in price for other colors except stealth gray.

They also increased the price in October for the MXP by $5k.

Yes, prices may eventually come down, or it may not. It really depends. If war breaks out or another pandemic happens and everything goes up in price I doubt Tesla will keep prices at $79,990 for the Model X.

Did the Model 3 drop in price this year when it stopped qualifying for the tax credit?

For me I cannot justify spending even $79,995 on an X. It’s nice and all but he feels more like a $59,995 vehicle. And they Y, theres no way I would pay $50k+ for that. $35k max.
Someone needs to alert the Tesla X and Y teams that you won’t be a customer.

BTW, we’re all dying to know, what did you last get for ~$35K?