Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prediction: Model X price will be reduced to $78K in January 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vast majority of carbiuers are not going to realize the “under-the-hood” differences, or minor things like headlights changes. My parents don’t know and likely do that care what the heck isna matrix headlight over the original one. This is mostly the same X as from 2016.
On a different note, viewing from 30,000 ft level, all personal vehicles look the same.

• Funny
Reactions: Tiger
I'm the OP. When I started this thread, Model X sold for around $98K in the U.S. Now it costs $80K.
My instincts are telling me that this coming weekend, we will see price adjustments across S,3,X,Y, and the Model X price will be reduced below $78K so that they can sell more interior upgrades and still qualify for tax credit under $80K, and also because lithium and battery costs are coming down.
Also - how is this thread 23 pages? Was just a simple price prediction :)

I thought you were correct from the beginning, and we are nearly there right now. But, I think you might not be right this time. S and X sales were apparently at a 5-year high last year. They don't really need to do anything to increase sales right now. I could see the y and the 3 going down a little, although I doubt the latter as the highland is soon coming out. So, I think you were very close! But, maybe no cigar this time. :)

I thought you were correct from the beginning, and we are nearly there right now. But, I think you might not be right this time. S and X sales were apparently at a 5-year high last year. They don't really need to do anything to increase sales right now. I could see the y and the 3 going down a little, although I doubt the latter as the highland is soon coming out. So, I think you were very close! But, maybe no cigar this time. :)

S/X sales were high last quarter because of many current owners taking advantage of the FUSC transfer opportunity (and late sales from the Q3 FSD transfer offer). Neither of those transfer offers are available, combined with the POS tax credit not being active yet either so I don't see them selling many S/X vehicles right now.

• Informative
Reactions: henderrj
I'm the OP. When I started this thread, Model X sold for around $98K in the U.S. Now it costs $80K.
My instincts are telling me that this coming weekend, we will see price adjustments across S,3,X,Y, and the Model X price will be reduced below $78K so that they can sell more interior upgrades and still qualify for tax credit under $80K, and also because lithium and battery costs are coming down.
Thanks for your prediction. I will not update my current order and get my order fee refund. Will reorder for a 7 seater tax edition if your prediction comes true 👍

Did you by any chance see the VINs?
They were all lined up with Congratulations First Name. Last Initial. 6 of them were PLAIDS (Black/Red) and about ten of them were LR's I was going to shoot a video, until I realized they had names on them. I'll be there Friday getting mine, it rolls of the truck Thursday, if all goes well. There is a new color called Stealth Grey that is bad ass... wish we got that verses blue....

The reduction to right below $80k has to do with the tax incentive threshold. If it were at $85K, the X would be right under that price level. Don’t see Tesla going further below the threshold.