Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prediction: Model X price will be reduced to $78K in January 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice. I've had good luck with Carvana on a past sale. My initial Tesla trade in offer (2022 MYP with 12k miles) was $37,700. Carvana was exactly the same making me wonder if Tesla was selling trades to Carvana!

My Tesla offer expired after 30 days and then they lowered it to $37,000. I may get another Carvana quote or try my local CarMax too.
Yeah try it again. Carvana was the highest for me, Tesla offered $31,600. Mines white with 37K

Reactions: csrpenfab
Well, I have been told Elon has said their use of the Model S platform for the Model X was a mistake and cannot be completely fixed without a major redesign. Since the company is going in a different direction (cheaper/mass production for the masses instead of more luxury/high end vehicles), I do not see them spending resources to fully redesign the S/X platform/drivetrain for a low volume product which does not fit their long term goals. Elon affirmed this outlook with his statement that Tesla still makes the S and X more for nostalgia. So even though I really like the S and X platform, the car does not seem to be in his future long term growth vision.

It could become the highest selling car in its class, profitably, if implemented right. I believe we haven't seen the last of them. Elon's words are not very trustworthy as he is combating osborne at every turn.

The way they phrased the "next generation" in the earnings call, to me it sounded like they are completely overhauling all 3EXY models, because the changes were so cost effective and a revolutionary way to make a car.

This might explain why S/X are not being made for RHD if they would sell only a few and will be soon replaced by drive-by-wire which is fairly easy to cater for both RHD/LHD.

Fingers crossed 🤞

Last edited:
I am actually waiting for the new Porsche Macan EV to be released later this year. My wife wants to test drive it and see if she likes it. If she does then she said that will be her next car. There are competitors slowly catching up so Tesla will eventually have to address better build quality standards.
Same. Wife really wants the Macan EV. Have an X on order as well for her, but I'm pretty sure she'll end up telling me to drive the X and she will take the Macan EV.
After 5+ years and two different Model 3's (2018 LR RWD & 2019 Performance) I was open to non-Tesla EV's and actually had/have reservations for a few competitors and test drove a bunch including the Fisker Ocean, Canoo, Cadillac Lyriq and Polestar, but in the end I went with a tax credit build LR X.

2nd up would have been the Lyriq, but it just wasn't sporty or quick enough coming from the Tesla's but the build and finishes were great IMO.

Just read the review on the Porsche Macan EV... The trim that compares performance-wise to the X is over $100k of course but competition and options are a good thing! "
  • The electric Macan 4 starts at $80,450, with the Macan Turbo starting at $106,950; orders are now open, but first deliveries won't happen until later this year.

After 5+ years and two different Model 3's (2018 LR RWD & 2019 Performance) I was open to non-Tesla EV's and actually had/have reservations for a few competitors and test drove a bunch including the Fisker Ocean, Canoo, Cadillac Lyriq and Polestar, but in the end I went with a tax credit build LR X.

2nd up would have been the Lyriq, but it just wasn't sporty or quick enough coming from the Tesla's but the build and finishes were great IMO.

Just read the review on the Porsche Macan EV... The trim that compares performance-wise to the X is over $100k of course but competition and options are a good thing! "
  • The electric Macan 4 starts at $80,450, with the Macan Turbo starting at $106,950; orders are now open, but first deliveries won't happen until later this year.

Not sure if I would dive into Fisker or Lucid right now. Heard they are both very near bankruptcy. They would probably be bought out cheap and given a new injection of money but I am not willing to bet on it and possibly have a car with no service, no warranty and no replacement parts in the near future.

The only other EV that had a nice interior than Tesla is Audi. The rest are all cheap garbage, especially Polestar which is really disappointing.
Audi I never considered because its a boring ICE interior with a battery added with crappy range.

The Polestar 2 build quality and handling is better than Tesla Model 3. I rented one from Hertz for several days and took a Performance PS2 for a ride at the showroom as well. If it wasn't slightly smaller interior-wise than a 3 I would have been more interested.