TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Preferable European superchargerlocations

Discussion in 'Europe -' started by FVO, Jan 1, 2013.

1. FVO

FVO Active Member

#1 FVO, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    I was wondering: "if Tesla would start building a superchargernetwork in Europe, where would be the best locations to instal them?"
    Because both we as a costumer know our routes best and we all want Tesla to succeed in changing the automotive branch. I tought, "maybe we can suggest Tesla locations all over Europe where preferable superchargers could be installed".

So i've started a map http://www.zeemaps.com/pub?group=477480&x=6.732997&y=51.995190&z=13&add=1&geosearch=1 on wich you can enter your preffered location.

Of course highwayjunctions and shopping malls are very interesting for people who want charge their car and spend some time usefull, and long distanceroutes (e.g. Autoroute du soleil to the French coastline) may appear if everone would pinpoint his/her preferences.

2. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

#2 Raffy.Roma, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
    This is a good idea. I hope that there will be soon a supercharger network in Europe. From my point of view of an Italian I would like that at least 5 superchargers were placed in Italy in the following cities.

1) Milan
    2) Bologna
    3) Florence
    4) Rome
    5) Naples

I didn't manage to place the superchargers on the above mentioned map.

3. Right_Said_Fred

Right_Said_Fred Model S - Sig. 283 EU

#3 Right_Said_Fred, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    I don't know if it makes sense to build superchargers in Italian cities. People living in those cities with a Model S can charge at home. Supercharging is for road trips and then it makes more sense to position superchargers along the most important highways. A charging stop can then be combined with visiting a rest stop (Autogrill?). This would be useful for business people, for Italians on a day trip, but also for tourists going south. I travel to Pescara every summer and would be able to get to my destination with superchargers on the German highways, in Switzerland (where there will be a lot of Model S owners) and in Italy (for instance on the A4 to the Adriatic).

4. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

I said cities to mean an area but I agree with you that superchargers should be placed on most important highways. I meant to say that in an initial phase at least 5 superchargers would be needed in the area of those Italian cities.

5. FVO

FVO Active Member

It looks like i'm the only one that can ad markers. I'm trying to figure out how to open the map so everyone can place one (or more) markers.

6. faheus

faheus New Member

A9 between Nuremberg and Munich would be nice, a bit after Ingolstadt, maybe in the near of the intersection to the A93.

7. FVO

FVO Active Member

8. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

9. X-RAY

X-RAY Member

weren't they called romans? ;-)

10. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

Romans were ancient Rome people. But Latin was not only the language of ancient Rome people. Other people in ancient time spoke Latin. If by Romans you mean also people of Rome territory ok you are right ;-)

11. widodh

widodh Model S R231 EU

I added one to "Bad Oeynhausen" in Germany. It covers the trip from Amsterdam to Berlin. One Supercharger there would also help people from Belgium traveling to Berlin via the A2 coming from Essen.

12. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

Does somebody know when Tesla will start installing superchargers in Europe? (Apart from Norway where superchargers will be placed this year)

13. widodh

widodh Model S R231 EU

Maybe they are already preparing the paperwork, etc, etc.

It's probably a lot of work to get this all worked out.

14. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

Next year Supercharger network in Europe?

15. Bipo

Bipo Member

I have added several locations in the North of Spain, where I used to pass during my trips.

16. djromain

djromain Member

In France I added several strategic points for Autoute du Soleil , from Dijon, to Lyon, and Orange

17. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

Somebody added 4 locations with respect to the 15 locations that I proposed in Italy. Some of them are very close to other locations and so I think they are unessential.

18. Johann Koeber

Johann Koeber Member

I would love SCers in Germany and Europe.

Germany covered by following locations:

Stuttgart
    Munich
    Nuremburg
    Frankfurt
    Leipzig
    Berlin
    Hamburg
    Hannover
    Dusseldorf

That should cover 100% of long distance driving needs in Germany - with 9 SCs.

Put them near an Autobahn exit, so easily reachable for all.

Suggestions?

19. widodh

widodh Model S R231 EU

Can you add them to the map?

I chose Bad Oeynhausen since that is a city you have to go through when traveling to Berlin. But Hannover would work just fine as well in that case. Somewhere along the A2 would be fine.

I travel to Germany a lot, about 8 times per year.