Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Preferable European superchargerlocations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

FVO

Nov 26, 2011
I was wondering: "if Tesla would start building a superchargernetwork in Europe, where would be the best locations to instal them?"
Because both we as a costumer know our routes best and we all want Tesla to succeed in changing the automotive branch. I tought, "maybe we can suggest Tesla locations all over Europe where preferable superchargers could be installed".

So i've started a map http://www.zeemaps.com/pub?group=477480&x=6.732997&y=51.995190&z=13&add=1&geosearch=1 on wich you can enter your preffered location.

Of course highwayjunctions and shopping malls are very interesting for people who want charge their car and spend some time usefull, and long distanceroutes (e.g. Autoroute du soleil to the French coastline) may appear if everone would pinpoint his/her preferences.

Last edited:
This is a good idea. I hope that there will be soon a supercharger network in Europe. From my point of view of an Italian I would like that at least 5 superchargers were placed in Italy in the following cities.

1) Milan
2) Bologna
3) Florence
4) Rome
5) Naples

I didn't manage to place the superchargers on the above mentioned map.

Last edited:
This is a good idea. I hope that there will be soon a supercharger network in Europe. From my point of view of an Italian I would like that at least 5 superchargers were placed in Italy in the following cities.

1) Milan
2) Bologna
3) Florence
4) Rome
5) Naples

I didn't manage to place the superchargers on the above mentioned map.

I don't know if it makes sense to build superchargers in Italian cities. People living in those cities with a Model S can charge at home. Supercharging is for road trips and then it makes more sense to position superchargers along the most important highways. A charging stop can then be combined with visiting a rest stop (Autogrill?). This would be useful for business people, for Italians on a day trip, but also for tourists going south. I travel to Pescara every summer and would be able to get to my destination with superchargers on the German highways, in Switzerland (where there will be a lot of Model S owners) and in Italy (for instance on the A4 to the Adriatic).

Last edited:
I don't know if it makes sense to build superchargers in Italian cities. People living in those cities with a Model S can charge at home. Supercharging is for road trips and then it makes more sense to postion superchargers along the most important highways. A charging stop can then be combined with visiting a rest stop (Autogrill?). This would be useful for business people, for Italians on a day trip, but also for tourists going south. I travel to Pescara every summer and would be able to get to my destination with superchargers on the German highways, in Switzerland (where there will be a lot of Model S owners) and in Italy (for instance on the A4 to the Adriatic).

I said cities to mean an area but I agree with you that superchargers should be placed on most important highways. I meant to say that in an initial phase at least 5 superchargers would be needed in the area of those Italian cities.

I would love SCers in Germany and Europe.

Germany covered by following locations:

Stuttgart
Munich
Nuremburg
Frankfurt
Leipzig
Berlin
Hamburg
Hannover
Dusseldorf

That should cover 100% of long distance driving needs in Germany - with 9 SCs.

Put them near an Autobahn exit, so easily reachable for all.

Suggestions?

I would love SCers in Germany and Europe.

Germany covered by following locations:

Stuttgart
Munich
Nuremburg
Frankfurt
Leipzig
Berlin
Hamburg
Hannover
Dusseldorf

That should cover 100% of long distance driving needs in Germany - with 9 SCs.

Put them near an Autobahn exit, so easily reachable for all.

Suggestions?
Can you add them to the map?

I chose Bad Oeynhausen since that is a city you have to go through when traveling to Berlin. But Hannover would work just fine as well in that case. Somewhere along the A2 would be fine.

I travel to Germany a lot, about 8 times per year.