TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Premium Connectivity Charges

Discussion in 'Australia' started by youmi, Jan 1, 2020.

1. youmi

youmi Member

I’ve seen some people in the US have started to be charged for Premium Connectivity and there was mention of it in the latest software with Backgammon.

However I can’t see anything in my account when I log in.

Has anyone got a notice about it yet?

2. tessiestraya

tessiestraya Member

It doesn't appear to be in Australia yet. It would be interesting to see if they bring it here for those stuck on SR+ in the future.

3. strykeroz

strykeroz Member

I can't imagine it won't. We have it on our SR+ for a year...to take it away without a paid alternative would just be mean ;)

4. youmi

youmi Member

From the FAQ’s on the US site, we’d all be having to pay for it at some point. I guess we can just enjoy the free ride for a bit longer :)

5. strykeroz

strykeroz Member

I understood it was a 12 month trial for SR+ and before the drop dead date we'll hear about pricing for AU. Since Australian 3's are only 1/3 of the way there I'm not expecting pricing to be confirmed for 6 months yet.

6. youmi

youmi Member

I don’t think that’ll be the case based on the US FAQ

Will there be a trial period for Premium Connectivity?Tesla Account.

All deliveries of Model 3 Standard Range and Standard Range Plus on or before December 31, 2019 will receive a 30-day complimentary Premium Connectivity trial

7. youmi

youmi Member

Here’s the page I’m talking about if you’re interested. I need to use a VPN to avoid the auto redirects on my phone Connectivity

8. baillies

baillies Member

you can add ?redirect=no to the URL to stop almost all redirects, then you don’t need a VPN. Connectivity

9. strykeroz

strykeroz Member

I've looked at the documentation for our SR+ and can't find any reference to the Premium Connectivity trial. I do know I initially thought we didn't have it (used to tether the car to my phone) but was set right at a visit to the service centre after a flat tyre.

At that time I thought a year was mentioned, but that might not be right. What I can confirm is that service centre visit was October 15, well over 30 days ago and we still have it.

10. Kiwiadventure

Kiwiadventure Member

I've had Premium Connectivity in my sr+ for months and I take it as part of my sr+ with no trail period.

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  11. baillies

baillies Member

it was 1 year for LR (premium interior) cars and nothing more SR/SR+, but they gave (at least) 30 days when V10 was released.

12. Kiwiadventure

Kiwiadventure Member

There was NO 30 day trail when V10 was released for SR+ in Aust or NZ. SR is only sold in America & maybe Canada.

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1