Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity now available as annual subscription

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The support article I referenced in the OP doesn't mention any restrictions based on location. Make sure you have the latest version of the Tesla mobile app (4.6.0). You don't have to cancel anything -- there's an option to convert from a monthly to annual subscription.

Is it necessary to cancel the monthly subscription first? I don't see any way of directly updating to the annual option. I live in Spain and I'm not sure if the annual subscription option is already available here.

There is another thread about this in the model Y. I posted this there, but It took me a bit of poking around to get this setup on my own account. The "gotcha" I found, was that it did not present the option to change subscription type until after I had tapped "save" in the screen that popped up to confirm my address.

The specific post I made in the thread in the model Y subforum is below. Note that, this subforum is the proper one for this topic, at least in my opinion, but I dont have rights to merge etc anything in the model Y or software subforums.

Anyway, here is the post I made in that other thread:

Thanks for posting this! I dont read reddit (or twitter, etc) but normally someone will bring the important stuff here (lol).

I have been waiting for this for a while, as I much prefer paying yearly for this type of thing. I had a little difficulty finding where to do this in the tesla app. For anyone poking around at this like I was, for a few minutes, to change their setting to annually for premium connectivity, try this.

(Tesla app version these steps done on = 4.6.0 -885)

1. Open Tesla app
2. Tap UPGRADES
3. Tap MANAGE (next to gear icon)
4. Ensure ACTIVE tab is selected, then Tap PREMIUM CONNECTIVITY
5. If presented with a billing address screen at this point, verify your billing address and tap SAVE (I got stuck here for a minute. You wont see billing options until you confirm your billing address if this screen presents itself)
6. Tap to switch to the Annual Plan, and then click SUBSCRIBE on the resultant screen

See notice that the annual subscription will begin when your current monthly subscription expires (for me, thats March 4th).

Really appreciate you bringing this information here, @Undisclosed , thanks for sharing!

• Informative
Reactions: UncleCreepy
Thanks. Other spanish Tesla owners, not currently subscribed to premium connectivity, aren’t being offered the annual subscription, so I assume that it’s not yet available here. We’ll have to wait.
Premium Connectivity is available in Spain, according to Tesla. Do you have the latest version of the mobile app?
I have a free subscription which expires in June. If I purchase a 1-year subscription now, will it simply extend my current subscription until June 2023?
Don’t know, but why not just wait until your free subscription ends? Maybe you’ll decide to get a new car before June. 🙂

Premium Connectivity is available in Spain, according to Tesla. Do you have the latest version of the mobile app?

Sorry. I meant that the new annual subscription option for premium connectivity is not yet available here in Spain (I‘m paying for a monthly subscription since September 2020). Probably, it is only available in the USA for now, and it will be offered in Europe and other markets in the next days or weeks.

Last edited:
Sorry. I meant that the new annual subscription option for premium connectivity is not yet available here in Spain (I‘m paying for a monthly subscription since September 2020). Probably, it is only available in the USA for now, and it will be offered in Europe and other markets in the next days or weeks.
Which version of the mobile app do you have? Have you tried changing the subscription from the touchscreen?