Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The SR+ doesn't come with the Tesla Spotify Account. Have you tried logging into your own account when you are on WiFi then disconnecting WiFi and testing if songs load.

This used to be the case but no longer is so. When V10 came out and SR+ models gained the Spotify app, you had to log in with your own Premium Account. This was all accessible over LTE though but the release notes indicated that LTE access was for a limited time. This was the case until the announcement was made about the Premium Connectivity subscriptions in the US in early December. On the 26/27th of December in the UK, Tesla activated Premium Connectivity for all UK SR+ models. This was the same time/reason for the satelittle map and traffic display capabilities becoming active in SR+ cars in the UK like the US had received a few weeks earlier. The main thing you can spot is that if you go to the login screen for Spotify on your SR+, you’ll see a blue button called “Tesla Account” next to “sign in”. If you tap it, it will sign you in to a Spotify on the Tesla login as all cars with premium connectivity have been able to to date.

4695CE41-15C1-42FE-ABF9-9862FEDB71BD.jpeg
BEC08BB3-1395-4DE0-97B3-4A173FF5CE37.jpeg
DC1F823D-979F-453B-B72C-B3F599D2D8EB.jpeg
I just nipped out to the car - here’s some shots. I swapped around colors though. The Tesla account is the grey button. Here’s a shot of my car config, playing a song without being logged in and what the login screen with premium connectivity looks like.

Now this is how it is today. The assumption is that once proper subscriptions launch here then you’ll need to sign up once your trial period is over but until then, you should have the full premium capabilities in your SR+

In December I had Premium connectivity via an update. I don’t recall any mention of it in that update, nor any announcement that this was only a temporary feature and that we would have to pay a subscription to keep it!
Did I miss that?

quick question. with premium connectivity and using spotify, does using the tesla account give you equivalent to paid access to spotify?

I've noticed on my LR that I can just search any track, song, album etc and they all play, no ads etc unlike the free version of spotify for devices where it stops you skipping tracks, choosing specific tracks etc

quick question. with premium connectivity and using spotify, does using the tesla account give you equivalent to paid access to spotify?

I've noticed on my LR that I can just search any track, song, album etc and they all play, no ads etc unlike the free version of spotify for devices where it stops you skipping tracks, choosing specific tracks etc

it gives you the full capabilities in the sense that you can skip around, pull up playlists, not have ads etc. Where it is different is that you can’t login to it from another device (ie to listen on your phone or to sync playlists from another service to it) and the playlist algorithm seems to be influenced by the listening behavior of every Tesla driver, not just your personal listening habits.

it gives you the full capabilities in the sense that you can skip around, pull up playlists, not have ads etc. Where it is different is that you can’t login to it from another device (ie to listen on your phone or to sync playlists from another service to it) and the playlist algorithm seems to be influenced by the listening behavior of every Tesla driver, not just your personal listening habits.

Great answer thanks. Do you know if I do a factory reset will all the tracks I’ve saved in Spotify will be clearer also?

What software version are you on?

If the latest 40.1 then minimise the music/radio to hidden, then tap on the map and some buttons appear in the bottom left of the screen. One looks like a traffic light and the other like a world. Tap those to get both satellite maps and traffic.

I’m on the latest version I think, 2020.4.1?

I’ve tried that and when I tap on the map I only get an option to look for nearest super chargers, nothing else comes up

I’m on the latest version I think, 2020.4.1?

You know, or a guess as its a recent collection? You can check firmware in various places, including software screen.

Most new cars come with firmware thats several months out of date (ours was delivered with 2019.15.107 when 2019.32.2 was current) and may take a few days or nudges to catch up - we were fortunate as ours updated first evening. IIRC premium trial on SR+ came along with 2019.36.x.

You know, or a guess as its a recent collection? You can check firmware in various places, including software screen.

Most new cars come with firmware thats several months out of date (ours was delivered with 2019.15.107 when 2019.32.2 was current) and may take a few days or nudges to catch up - we were fortunate as ours updated first evening. IIRC premium trial on SR+ came along with 2019.36.x.

Sorry for not being clear, yes I’m on 2020.4.1