Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my SR+ in the SC last week for an unrelated issue and while I was in I mentioned that YouTube did not work (all other Premium Connectivity features work fine, I use Spotify daily) I then got this back from the Technician:

upload_2020-2-10_13-46-16.png

So I open up my account and look to see if i can purchase "Premium Connectivity" and no option exists. So I ask the guy in the SC to explain and the conversation goes something like this:

Me "I though Premium Connectivity (PC) is free for the moment"
SC "Yes, you get a free Trial then you have to pay for it"
Me "So why has my YouTube stopped working and everything else works fine"
SC "Your Trial has ended you need to buy PC in your MyTesla Account or on the infotainment screen"
Me "But the option isn't available in my tesla account"
SC "Yeah we haven't sorted out the pricing structure for the UK yet so its not available"
Me "Ok, so how do I watch YouTube in my car"
SC "You need to buy PC in your MyTesla Account or on the infotainment screen"
Me "But I Can't"
SC "Yeah we haven't sorted out the pricing structure for the UK yet"
Me "..."

I didn't push any further because I don't care about YouTube and everything else works but damn...

I had my SR+ in the SC last week for an unrelated issue and while I was in I mentioned that YouTube did not work (all other Premium Connectivity features work fine, I use Spotify daily) I then got this back from the Technician:

View attachment 509833

So I open up my account and look to see if i can purchase "Premium Connectivity" and no option exists. So I ask the guy in the SC to explain and the conversation goes something like this:

Me "I though Premium Connectivity (PC) is free for the moment"
SC "Yes, you get a free Trial then you have to pay for it"
Me "So why has my YouTube stopped working and everything else works fine"
SC "Your Trial has ended you need to buy PC in your MyTesla Account or on the infotainment screen"
Me "But the option isn't available in my tesla account"
SC "Yeah we haven't sorted out the pricing structure for the UK yet so its not available"
Me "Ok, so how do I watch YouTube in my car"
SC "You need to buy PC in your MyTesla Account or on the infotainment screen"
Me "But I Can't"
SC "Yeah we haven't sorted out the pricing structure for the UK yet"
Me "..."

I didn't push any further because I don't care about YouTube and everything else works but damn...
What a complete tool!!!!

How many times did you picture yourself hitting him?

BTW, do your rear heated seats work? I heard some with SR+ did, but for others they didn't.

As I mentioned in the other post, it is a load of BS, if you have access to all the other premium features then your "trial" hasn't expired. The youtube issue has been the same for most people including those that don't have the SR+

As I mentioned in the other post, it is a load of BS, if you have access to all the other premium features then your "trial" hasn't expired. The youtube issue has been the same for most people including those that don't have the SR+

I'd be inclined to agree that this is BS, I have a performance Model 3 that has premium connectivity (only had the car for 4 months so not expired) and You Tube dosnt work lots of the time unless i connect to WIFI.

I think the provider they are using for the LTE connection is pretty intermittent - let just hope it improves when we have to pay for it!

Are we supposed to get a month premium connectivity still with the SR+?

Mine picked up yesterday won't connect to anything on line unless on wifi

Congrats! Yes, you should have one month free however the reality has been that all SR+ owners in the UK have the full set of Premium Connectivity features without paying. This will change but right now there is no ability to subscribe via the My Tesla account. I'd suggest hooking onto wifi, making sure you're on the latest software (should be 2020.4.1 or 2020.4.10) and giving it a go.

If you go into Spotify - do you see the blue "Tesla Account" button on the sign-on screen?

6CAAAEF6-0BD3-4903-9BB3-4B16DEBE690C.jpeg
6CAAAEF6-0BD3-4903-9BB3-4B16DEBE690C.jpeg
Congrats! Yes, you should have one month free however the reality has been that all SR+ owners in the UK have the full set of Premium Connectivity features without paying. This will change but right now there is no ability to subscribe via the My Tesla account. I'd suggest hooking onto wifi, making sure you're on the latest software (should be 2020.4.1 or 2020.4.10) and giving it a go.

If you go into Spotify - do you see the blue "Tesla Account" button on the sign-on screen?
Just tells me to connect to WiFi.

I’m on the latest software I think 2020.4.1

Attachments

• B8E94F2B-5F1A-4DFE-AF32-678FF7CE8FB1.jpeg
    B8E94F2B-5F1A-4DFE-AF32-678FF7CE8FB1.jpeg
    295 KB · Views: 40
...checks manual on how to do full reset...

Hold down both steering wheel buttons at the same time. Keep holding until the Tesla icon appears on screen (usually 10-15 seconds). If not, create a service in the app and it's likely they will tweak something on their end and push out the correct config for your car.

Can you do me a favour , click on the Spotify icon and go to the login screen and let me know if it shows the Blue Tesla Account button as this would indicate that Premium Connectivity is correctly provisioned (it won't show this otherwise) and therefore you have another issue or if Premium Connectivity itself is incorrectly provisioned.