Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium connectivity vs tethering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla streaming does not work with standard connectivity even on wifi, at least not anymore. It says premium connectivity required when trying to log in with the vehicle account.
I think you guys in the US have something different than us in Canada when you say Tesla Streaming and that is why Mark (from Canada) may still have all functions with wifi hotspot. I'm in Canada and with wifi I had access to all services except Spotify premium (and I assume Apple Music but I started subscribing again before Apple Music came out). Our other streaming apps on the car don't require sign in and work with wifi.

I let the plan drop when the free period ended figuring that I would just use the hot spot when needed... but my habit is to sit in the car and watch YouTube when my wife is shopping... so I was burning through the gigabits pretty quickly. I decided that the conveniance and not having slow downs on my phone due to burning through too many gigabits was worth the $99 a year. I wouldn't do the 10 / month since be doing the full year you save $20.

Keith

Reactions: heapmaster