Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Upgrade Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't think about that....hmmm. Then the only decision would be white or black, leather, synthetic, or multi-pattern. Have 3 kiddos (3,6,9) so am thinking black all the way, lol. but I hear the white is easier to clean and wears better? But is it non-toxic? Treated with chemicals to make it stain resistant?

Didn't think about that....hmmm. Then the only decision would be white or black, leather, synthetic, or multi-pattern. Have 3 kiddos (3,6,9) so am thinking black all the way, lol. but I hear the white is easier to clean and wears better? But is it non-toxic? Treated with chemicals to make it stain resistant?
Toxicity is in the dose. Water toxicity is real - when there's enough of it.

I have and love the white, but they're perforated if that's an issue for your kids. I use seat protectors for the kids and none for myself. Very happy with our choice.

Not to mention, leather is treated too. We went with the ultra-white. My office has these types of fabrics for our exam chairs. 5 years later at thousands of child patients per year on them they hold up well. Starting to wear but no car will ever see this much use. Easy to clean. Feels great. I did not get premium though, to avoid the perforations. I was worried about tear points and goop trickling in.

Reactions: umeshunni
So you can't get the other options unless you get the perforated seats then? self-presenting doors, etc.?
Unfortunately, that is correct. I do think seat covers for the back are fine though.

I didn't want the worry of auto present swinging out into traffic or bike riders. We live in a busy area.

I would have liked alcantara. The vented seats are only upfront.

I suspect my non-premium is holding up my order though. Just a hunch. From what I can tell, the front bumper looks the same without the fog/adaptive lights.

Though as a bonus with white non premium, you get the center console and door to match material. Something you wouldn't get with leather without premium.

Though as a bonus with white non premium, you get the center console and door to match material. Something you wouldn't get with leather without premium
Just to be clear, what you're saying is that with white (premium or not), you get matching door and armrest material - with leather colors (non-white), you only get that with premium. Is that right? Just want to make sure there is no confusion because I read that at first as white no premium got more than white premium.

Just to be clear, what you're saying is that with white (premium or not), you get matching door and armrest material - with leather colors (non-white), you only get that with premium. Is that right? Just want to make sure there is no confusion because I read that at first as white no premium got more than white premium.
Looks like even the real leathers get the same door treatments for PUP and non-PUP, but I have not compared every detail. Maybe this will help others to compare. Tan leather non-PUP pics posted this morning here: Model X Timeline - From Prototype to Production

• Informative
Reactions: ohmman
Definitely looks like there are no/little differences in trim build (aside from the alcantara) between the two for the synthetic or the leather.

Granted, this is subject to change as Tesla gets their ducks in a row with the line. I'm sure they're simplifying as much as possible right now.

I was told today while visiting the gallery to firm up my choices, that you can get the white seats without the premium package and it will not be perforated. I thought that wasn't possible, but it is. But with my three kids, I'm going all black inside, including the headliner which will be the cloth material if I don't get the premium package. Was told the dashboard will look the same in all X's no matter the color scheme chosen.