Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Upgrade Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this has been discussed before, but is the premium upgrade worth the $3500?? Especially if I'm ordering the white interior? Seems like that's a lot of coin for a HEPA filter and some extra lighting. If you don't get the Premium upgrade does the car still come with an air filter?

Thanks! Useful. I'm still not sure what to do. Leaning towards getting it. Price does seem high for what you get though.
The PuP has lost the upper dash alcantera, power lift gate (now standard), and ventilated seats (no longer available) within the past few months, yet the price did not go down. I don't think it's worth it, but it depends on whether you think the features it still includes are worth the money.

With the power liftgate being standard most people think the PUP is not worth it. Also for HEPA filter you need max air to work so it consume more power. FYI, I didn't get PUP with my MS that's before the power liftgate was standard

I find these packages are scam forcing you to get things you usually wouldn't pay for just so you could actually get the one thing you pay for. Lol.

For me, it was the power lift gate, the rest I didn't care for like interior illuminated lights. In this new one, I dont care for the BIO filter and just like the fog light.

I think it's best to get the PUP IMHO... at least, I definitely don't regret it... I think a decked out interior makes the S look the part of a luxury car (at least a little more like a luxury car)... and it's hard to pull off the whole luxury and modern vibe, which is why the materials are so important with modern decor. I also like that the S has the new wood matched console... those little details make a big difference. It does suck that ventilation was taken away as an option... I got mine just in time, but then again... some people taint into that :)