TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Premium Upgrades Package

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by CraigK, May 13, 2018.

1. CraigK

CraigK New Member

Just ordered model s 75d. Wondering about premium upgrades package. It appears to offer very little for 5k. Heated steering wheel, backseats and upgraded stereo. I understand standard radio now much improved. 8 speakers and nice subwoofer. Folks have thoughts? I would pay if stereo much better. Don’t live in China so the upgraded air filtration probably not necessary. Thanks.

2. pkodali

pkodali Banned

Personally, I wouldn't say it is worth it unless you live in a cold climate

3. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Like New Jersey is any better?!!? :D:p

(it's OK, I grew up in NJ).

Anyway, you're right it's a lot of dough for a few extra features, and it is overpriced. But if I were buying a new car, the cold weather package is a must, and the upgraded stereo is really nice to have as well. So I'd just bite the bullet and include it and leave off the sunroof, 21" rims, and FSD to save a few bucks.

4. Electricious

Electricious Member

I personally would not buy a Tesla without the PUP. The upgraded stereo alone makes a big difference and the other features are also very nice to have. Also don't forget you get a part of that $5K back when you sell the car and it would make it easier to sell the car. The heated steering wheel is super great in a cold day :D

5. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Especially when people comparing S's to used 3's won't find heated steering wheels on the 3's! :D

Seriously, this wasn't a thing until now, and now it is: if you ever intend to sell it, you want PUP on it to differentiate it.

• Like x 1
  6. Electricious

Electricious Member

Absolutely. We are looking to buy a Tesla and will not even consider buying one without the PUP features. Our view is when there are cars available to buy with the PUP features, why even bother buying one without the PUP features since the price difference is not that great.

Get the PUP because you will enjoy all the features (especially the upgraded audio) and will some of that money back when you sell.

• Like x 1
  7. pkodali

pkodali Banned

BTW pmed you a referral code if you need it

8. 75Shappyt

75Shappyt Member

get the PUP, I wish I had it, wanted it, but my car got totaled, didn't have a car to drive, got a great deal on a new MS 75 showroom car, but no PUP, I was driving the car in less than 2 weeks, you need a referral code, pmed me

9. Drlev

Drlev Member

You will never know how much you need a heated steering wheel until you have one.

• Like x 3
  10. Cripps

Cripps Member

With forest fires in BC last year the bio weapon Defense mode was of value (I hear from others).

The stereo sounds fantastic.

Heated seats, wheel, wipers and nozzles all make it possible to go on long trips in fall/winter and be more comfortable.

I would get PUP.

11. JCB_Arizona

JCB_Arizona Member

I went back and forth with this question, too. I felt 5k was a bit high. But, on the flip side, I could not add this package after the fact, and I may get upset I didn't add it.

Now that I have it, the stereo is fantastic. It's loud, smooth, clear, bass, fills the MX evenly. The automatic doors are also great to have. I use it all the time. And the heated seats for ever seat is great to have. Kids love them.

Do I think those few things are worth 5k, maybe not, but I'm glad I got them! I'd get the package again.

12. CraigK

CraigK New Member

Thanks all. Bought the 100d. Range won out. Did not get pup. Only things I don’t have are the hepa filter, the heated wheel and heated backseats (I have it on my ice car and haven’t used it but once in 3 years) and the upgraded stereo. I did side by side and actually liked the standard stereo. The bit rate lower on slacker on standard but not when Bluetoothing thru phone. I took 5 k and made it easier to pull trigger on 100. Thanks. And yes I had a code from buddy. Appreciate all the offers.

• Informative x 1
  13. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

14. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

Welcome to the club. If you live in NJ winters and can handle not having a heated steering wheel, mad props! Enjoy the car.