Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Preowned dealer in MA says only cash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i was looking at this car in MA. The associate said that it has to be a cash deal and they do not finance in the state of MA. I also have to provide the truck to pick it up. I told them I’ve financed out of state cars before I never heard that rule. They said it could be something to do with MA because that’s how their dealer operates and she has been working there for 11 years. Is this true? Sounds strange.

I’m on the west coast. Here is the link

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/748030805/overview?aff=share_other

Call your bank, say you're car shopping. They'll ask how much and you will apply etc. Then they'll just send you a check for the $40,000 or whatever. You pay with that at the dealer

This place certainly sounds shady, but I've never shopped in MA before so I can't say for sure it's BS.

I got my pre financing before i went shopping, end of story. You find the car you want, make the deal. Pay with cashiers bank check.
I made deal in Atlanta, flew up. Sat down dealed, signed, we went to their bank, they got cash. I drove off .
I got a much better rate from my bank than Tesla or dealer could offer.

Looks like a gorgeous vehicle. I think buying locally makes more sense.
If you factor in shipping from MA to CA and what seems to be a complicated transaction, just not worth the hassle. And then any agreed sales service or related items. I think it’s too long distance for a widely available vehicle. Whichever MX you buy, it will be fantastic choice.