Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Preset temp changes when I open the door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i wasn’t sure if this was happening or not. Over the last few weeks it seemed as if I’d set my temp on my tesla app to one temp and when I got in the car it was something completely different. I have been having a lot of weird electrical problems but tonight just confirmed the temp change. I set the interior temp to 80 to warm up after my kiddo was swimming and when I opened the drivers door the fan started slowing down and I noticed the interior temp was set to 72 for both sides. I know that last summer it stayed where I put it until I adjusted it.

Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just another in a string of issues I’m having?

It has worked like this for a while now. When you get to the car it reverts to whatever temperature was set on prior drive. It may be tied to a profile, and since easy entry is a profile...

I don’t use easy entry. With all these issues I’ve had I’m trying to limit excessive use on anything. The way I figure it, if you get in and out of the car eight times a Day then you’re moving the steering column and drivers seat way more than they need to be. Door handles are one thing. If my seat stops working too far back that’s a different animal all together. Maybe the change is tied to something else.

I don’t use easy entry. With all these issues I’ve had I’m trying to limit excessive use on anything. The way I figure it, if you get in and out of the car eight times a Day then you’re moving the steering column and drivers seat way more than they need to be. Door handles are one thing. If my seat stops working too far back that’s a different animal all together. Maybe the change is tied to something else.
The code may still be tying the temperature to a profile, and the profile may be activated when you open the car based on which key-fob is detected. If no change is needed, you don't see any movement.

Reactions: Hornedfrog1
This seemed to be a change in a firmware update a few months ago. I don’t believe it’s tied to a profile as I am the only one who drives my car and I don’t use easy entry.

Before the update if you turned on climate control with the app and changed the temperature it then the car would retain the new temperature when you got in and drove off. After the update if you turn on climate control with the app and change the temp then when you get in the car and drive off it will revert to whatever temp had been set at the time you parked the car.

Personally I liked it before the update, but honestly, I rarely adjust the temp with the app, so it doesn’t affect me often.