Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Press Conference July 17

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the "upgrade" from 85kwh to 90 kwh mean you actually get a new battery pack with more/higher capacity cells or is it just an over-the-air software upgrade that lets the 85kwh car use more of the capacity that has been "reserved" (for longevity/safety) reasons so far?

Hardware change

The new options are scattered throughout the design studio. Battery upgrade and ludicrous are now upgrade options in the studio.

Ludicrous Speed Upgrade

Ludicrous Speed decreases the 0-60 mph time for Model S 10% to 2.8 seconds with a quarter mile time of 10.9 seconds. Time to 155 miles per hour is now 20% faster than a standard Model S Performance.

P85D is now a 10 second car, fast and the furious 15 will be proud!!!!

It was much more than a $3000 difference. I'm trying to figure out what the upgrade option is. If its $3000 I am all over that. If its $3000 for 85-90 but $20,000 for 60-90 then I am much less interested.
Same here. Got the 60 because it made more sense. Could make the math work for paying extra 10k to get an 85, though i tried very hard. I dont need that range very often either. But if it was 3-5k thats a much easier sell. Elon himself said current 85s shouldnt get the 90 and to wait for a 15% delta. That delta exists for everyone currently with less than 85kwh. So why not open it up?