Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pressing button on mobile charger doesn’t open charge door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And here we are two years after the last post above, and our '18 M3 is exhibiting the same behavior. Press the button on the (older, fat-cable) connector button and nothing. Wake up the M3 and hit the charging icon on the app, and the door pops open.

Tried power-cycling the wall connector as per a post above, no joy.
I can confirm the same problem, it's been happening for 3-5 months. No matter what I do, the (bluetooth?) transmitter on the home charging adapter does not open the charge port. I have to open the app on my phone & tap to open, or I have to go into the car and tap on the charging port in the car photo to open. There is apparent reason why this started happening ...

I can confirm the same problem, it's been happening for 3-5 months. No matter what I do, the (bluetooth?) transmitter on the home charging adapter does not open the charge port. I have to open the app on my phone & tap to open, or I have to go into the car and tap on the charging port in the car photo to open. There is apparent reason why this started happening ...
This is still an issue. If the car is NOT plugged in, the charge port will only open in response to the charge handle button if the car is idle (and the phone key is in proximity, presumably is a requirement, though not sure about that requirement). If it is sleeping it will NOT wake up with the charge handle button.

Probably a hardware limitation.

There are no restrictions if the car is plugged in.

Moral of the story: always plug your car in right away. Then there is never a problem.