Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pressure Washer Choice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone pressure washing their cars at home? What style washer are you using? I have a couple I've looked at but keep coming back to the Sun Joe SPX3000. I'll be using Chemical Guys for cleaner so it has to be compatible.

Any other suggestions out there?

I did a search for pressure washers but couldn't find anything going back about 5 pages.

• Disagree
Reactions: Birdman325
I have the Sun Joe SPX3200. I've heard a lot of good things about the Sun Joe's and I wanted one with the pressure select technology so you can set the pressure to 1450 psi for washing your car or 2030 psi for heavy duty cleaning. I got it on sale for $120.

It's plenty powerful at low power. I get great foam from my cannon and I don't feel like my striping my paint off when I spray the car directly.

Anyone pressure washing their cars at home? What style washer are you using? I have a couple I've looked at but keep coming back to the Sun Joe SPX3000. I'll be using Chemical Guys for cleaner so it has to be compatible.

Any other suggestions out there?

I did a search for pressure washers but couldn't find anything going back about 5 pages.

I've had that model for a little over 3 years. Have used it at least once a week washing either my wife's car or my and it's worked flawlessly. I use it with a TriNova Foam cannon and get plenty of suds. On my wife's car I use either the Chemical Guys Mr. Pinks or the Snow Foam and both work great. On my Model 3 that has PPF and is ceramic coated, I use Gtechniq G wash (fantastic soap btw). Unless you're trying to remove 200 year old dirt from one of your statues, this machine has more than enough power.

I've been using the Sun Joe SPX3000 for almost 2 years now. No issues at all and plenty of pressure for what I use it for, which is mainly to wash the car and occasional window/sidewalk washing. It uses so much less water than a garden hose. My only regret is not getting one sooner! And maybe pay a bit more for the model with the built-in hose reel.

Reactions: DV_T3SLA
Anything strong enough to power wash concrete....I personally wouldn’t use on my car.... even with a wider degree nozzle to decrease the pressure.

I have a gas for heavier house duty and electric for my car and light house duty. My electric is the kranzel k1122tst.

1F7C1F12-12F8-4DD5-A8BB-9B766B58FB35.jpeg

Anything strong enough to power wash concrete....I personally wouldn’t use on my car.... even with a wider degree nozzle to decrease the pressure.

I have a gas for heavier house duty and electric for my car and light house duty. My electric is the kranzel k1122tst.

View attachment 433381

You think any issue with using 3200 gas psi for ONLY foam cannon.. and just using regular hose for the rest.

I don't want to use that powerful of a pressure washer to rinse or wet the car..figured just with foam cannon would be safe. Also the 3 car garage is full enough as it is so don't really want to buy a 2nd pressure washer just to rinse the car.

For record my idea is to use foam cannon to pre-soak car in soap then use 2 bucket method to actually wash it..

• Informative
Reactions: Dogtone
I also have that 2300 psi Ryobi electric pressure washer and I’m very happy with it. I use it for everything including cleaning my 3 with a foam canon. Works just fine. Sure the gas powered washers have more power, but I’m sure most here are trying to ditch gas as much as possible. The only thing I’ve got left that requires gas is my ride-on mower, but once a good company comes out with an electric ride-on mower that can handle an entire acre without recharging I’ll ditch my gas powered one.

Yes it is. Honestly don’t know why I waited this long to get one.

I wonder if that would help fight swirls and stuff. I know with the right skill, loads of clean towels, and chemicals, a hand wash can be done without swirls. However, I kind of feel like at this point it might be easier to reduce, or never, touch the paint. Just use lots and lots of soap, a pressure washer, and then an air dry method with water that won't leave deposits...

Does light dust/occasional bird dropping clean up with a pre-wet from like 1400 psi pressure washer, foam cannon/soak, and then DI rinse, or to get a gloss back do you still need to go over it by hand with a towel?

I have an electric Sun Joe, and it more than gets the job done. Only need it occasionally if the car is really soiled. After that, I pull it in for a rinseless wash with ONR and some Beadmaker.
Though maybe my ceramic coating is what lets me get away with the electric sun joe. Though imo it's powerful enough anything more would scare me :D:D