Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price Adjustment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have not received your VIN yet, just log in to your account and click on the "edit design" tab. reconfigure your car all over again. This changes the pricing to the new options/costs including the Autopilot and FSD. Save that design, you will get an email from Tesla confimring the changes. If you HAVE received your VIN, not sure this will work. But it did for me...

If you have not received your VIN yet, just log in to your account and click on the "edit design" tab. reconfigure your car all over again. This changes the pricing to the new options/costs including the Autopilot and FSD. Save that design, you will get an email from Tesla confimring the changes. If you HAVE received your VIN, not sure this will work. But it did for me...
When did you place your first order? How long after you modified your order did you get a car assigned to you? Do you now have a delivery date set?

If you have an order from pre-price reduction, not delivered, you might want to hold on to it for the time being as the dust settles on the AP/EAP/FSD thing.

If you didn't have any EAP/FSD selected, then:
If you still don't want anything, sure, edit the order and save $2900.
If you now want basic AP, rumor says you might get it for free. (Save $100 by keeping original order)
If you now want FSD, you can't edit it anymore, since it'll put you on the new price structure, but who knows if simply being on the old price structure qualifies you for the $3000 post-delivery FSD upgrade price, or if it will be the full $7000 upgrade price. (Save $2100 or lose $1900)

That's my order's situation. I won't touch the order until things are confirmed. You can do another cost analysis like this if you have EAP selected from before, but not delivered. If you had FSD... You probably should edit your order. :p

@sonicP3D - I am in the situation where I ordered in late Jan with MR/EAP ? I paid $5k for the EAP but dunno when FSD will be available and if so will I have to pay for it OR should I now reconfigure and save some dough ( I am thinking this would be saving) assuming I dont want to take FSD in future.

From customer support today:

As far as the $2900 price adjustments, for car ordered but not delivered will NOT be updated to the new pricing
  • All customers with currently undelivered orders (as of 2/28/2019) will receive one of the new Autopilot Packages:
    • If a customer has no Autopilot package configured, they will receive Autopilot (Autosteer + Traffic Aware CC)
    • If a customer has Enhanced Autopilot configured, they will receive Full-Self Driving (Nav on AP, Summon, Autopark, all future features.
As a result of this, we will NOT be updating undelivered orders to the latest pricing, if you would like the new pricing then you need to cancel and reorder.

From customer support today:

As far as the $2900 price adjustments, for car ordered but not delivered will NOT be updated to the new pricing
  • All customers with currently undelivered orders (as of 2/28/2019) will receive one of the new Autopilot Packages:
    • If a customer has no Autopilot package configured, they will receive Autopilot (Autosteer + Traffic Aware CC)
    • If a customer has Enhanced Autopilot configured, they will receive Full-Self Driving (Nav on AP, Summon, Autopark, all future features.
As a result of this, we will NOT be updating undelivered orders to the latest pricing, if you would like the new pricing then you need to cancel and reorder.
Great! Did they say whether they would put this in the order/contract?

From TS today:
"As of this morning all Model 3 accounts have been updated and you should be able to see the correct pricing for the new packages, as a post-delivery purchase of $2k for FSD. And the AP feature should be on your contract. If it is not there, please discuss it with your Delivery Advisor."

I don't see any updates to my account. Looks the same with old pricing and option to buy EAP.

Hi All - I have been told that they have found a match for my order and it will be shipped in couple of days. Regarding the update on the pricing, I had a EAP on my order which means I will be getting FSD if I keep my order as it is. If I wanted the newer price, I need to cancel my current order and re-order the car but will be given the same car if I dont change things like MR/Color etc.