Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price Drop $1,100

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
getting closer to 35K! at $42,900 minus the $3,750 federal tax credit if delivered before June, brings it down to $4,150 for a larger battery with approximately 23% more range AND the premium upgrade package, why would anyone wait until after June for the stripped short range? oh I forgot that if it is delivered this year then still $1,875 in Federal tax credit so $6,025 still seems like a good deal for the upgrades though

What are you basing that on? Obviously they understand price elasticity and will not reduce prices without a darn good reason.

sales! (and corp reports)

it would appear they DON’T understand price elasticity,
given the 3 is topping most all categories in comparison
with other manufacturers promised models, delivered today!

given the PUP/FSD refunds,
it’s clear they hiccup more than swallow!

so maybe you can elaborate how layoffs & price reductions
embolden the corporate bottom line?

Sales can always be higher, what is the limiting factor? At a certain point it is no longer your factory and then you must do things like expand to different markets (i.e Europe) and start to reduce price (i.e Mid-Range) to attract new/additional customers. They aren't stupid and giving away free money, Elon is a little better than that (unless Fred tweets about a refund of course) ;)

Also, what PUP/FSD refunds? Only one i'm aware of is the $5K for early performance buyers and that was with a trade-off for supercharging.