Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price Drop $1,100

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You got a 3.5 second car for 5000 more than AWD in 2018 right?

I think you are doing the best in relative terms for Model 3 owners I believe.
Nope, 6000k more than awd (for me it was 11k more plus tax and financing up front, they later increased the price of awd), but awd has dropped $3600 too if you got it for the white seats.

Mine is still in the shop too for delivery issues. I pick it up tomorrow but it will go back in at least two more times for the tin floor issue and a new seat motor....

$500 less October 10th ish? $2000 less Jan 1st, $1100 less today. FTC is $3,750 less. With the FTC reduction, appears to be a wash?
FTC shouldn't really count... But yes if and when i get a ftc it about breaks even for my inferior car. Hey the new ones get the better glass rear windows too, and don't need to be in the shop for 2 months getting repairs and repaint.

Last edited:
I love how everyone thinks it's funny, but the performance car with white interior is about 9k cheaper than it was 4 months ago. That means in addition to the 20÷ depreciating hit we also lost about 9k in value due to price drops.

Makes me think twice about ordering another Tesla in there future. Of course at this rate I'll never be able to afford another one anyways.
I know what you mean, if they keep getting any cheaper none of us will be able to afford one!

Confused Suzanne Somers GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

getting closer to 35K! at $42,900 minus the $3,750 federal tax credit if delivered before June, brings it down to $4,150 for a larger battery with approximately 23% more range AND the premium upgrade package, why would anyone wait until after June for the stripped short range? oh I forgot that if it is delivered this year then still $1,875 in Federal tax credit so $6,025 still seems like a good deal for the upgrades though
You make a very good point, but it also raises a question: If the MR is profitable for Tesla, then how far off is the SR from profitable production ?

Despite certain information aspects being asymmetric, I do believe that Tesla does understand price elasticity.

They are lowering prices because they have to, otherwise Q1 would look really bad. The sales center pitch is going to be “we covered the difference (most) of the subsidy loss” so its the same deal.

Tesla dominates the vehicles in its price class but doesn’t dominate the most profitable classes (trucks and suvs) and not yet reaching into the Camry class.

There’s no FSD refund - just honoring lower posted price.

PUPgate wasn’t a luxury that Tesla can afford. Elon ran his mouth off and legal decided best to just pay it and avoid any bad PR.

I don't think this is a US market demand issue. They have more Euro demand than they know what to do with, probably at least 2-3 months of full production could go to filling European and Chinese market demand as they continue trying to increase production further in their ancient California boneyard of an assembly plant.

They can focus on China and Europe for a while and US demand should be met by the inventory of about 7,000 vehicles.... then they probably shift over to production of v3 autopilot hardware in a few months time along with another cost reduced version (SR with PUP maybe) and that spurs a whole new wave of demand as people in the lower price bracket fight over that extra $1875 of tax credit that they lose July 1st.

• Funny
Reactions: adaptabl
My RWD LR was $55k when I got it last March. Now you can get the same options + AWD for $56,400. I would have absolutely upgraded to AWD for $1400. Pretty sweet deal. (Obviously the tax credit situation is different now).

Seriously. I would too for $1400. But when I got it they didn’t even have AWD as a option. They released it the month I picked up the car.

I love how everyone thinks it's funny, but the performance car with white interior is about 9k cheaper than it was 4 months ago. That means in addition to the 20÷ depreciating hit we also lost about 9k in value due to price drops.

Makes me think twice about ordering another Tesla in there future. Of course at this rate I'll never be able to afford another one anyways.

Not really. I bought a fully loaded (midnight silver, white interior, EAP, FSD, perf package) P3D+ back in august for $80,500. Since then I have gotten a $5000 refund check and a $7500 federal rebate. So it cost me $68,000. Now that same car costs $71400 (if you add off menu FSD) and has a $3750 rebate, so $67650. So the net price loss is $350 + $700 (the tax/registration difference I paid on 80.5k vs 71.4k).

I also get premium internet for my ownership of the car which is probably worth $500 to $1000 depending on how long I keep it.

Net value wise I've barely lost anything, and even then that's just due to the high sales tax in california on the base price difference

51329002_2380793258620757_1725126382406598656_n.jpg