Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price Increase on model 3 [Oct 2021]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Price hikes went into effect today for the Model 3 and Y. New Model 3 Pricing;

OLD​
Standard Range Plus - $39,990​
Long Range - stays the same​
Performance - $56,990​
NEW​
Standard Range Plus - $41,990 (+$2,000)
Long Range - stays the same​
Performance - $57,990 (+1,000)

Reactions: JohnnyMa
Very interesting, this is why some put down $ for reservation with no intent of buying and then "sell" their build to others at discount relative to current price. While there chance for EV bill to pass, automakers might? raise prices, so in the end it could be a wash.

Reactions: el-guapin
We just picked up an SR+ a couple of weeks ago for my wife and I just ordered one for myself last week at the old price. I guess we got very lucky with the timing. Now I hope that 1) Some tax incentives pass for next year 2) They don't take forever to deliver mine since it is now a "lower priced" unit.

Unless the game plan is to put down reservation, hope tax credit will kick in sometime in 2022 and then make the purchase. That could be a very interesting $ venture (gamble). Assuming Tesla can hold your line for long enough and you still get that price
Exactly this! This was the game I was playing on the fence. Current EDD of the M3P is November. I was going to wait until it said January and then reserve. Then I was hoping the new tax stuff would kick in for 2022 and I would actually purchase in 2022. Only reason I didn't reserve yesterday or earlier was because the delivery date was still showing for 2021.
Depends on how long you have been sitting. M3P is up 3k since I bought mines earlier this year.
I've been looking for about two months now. The first time I looked the starting price was $56.9k

Reactions: boriszima
Any tax credits being discussed aren't valid until 1/1/22 anyways.

Most configs wouldn't deliver before then anyway.

On top of which there's been at least a half dozen versions of a new credit discussed, at least a couple of which would've applied to cars bought before then--- we've honestly got no idea what the final credit- if any- will say.

Most configs wouldn't deliver before then anyway.

On top of which there's been at least a half dozen versions of a new credit discussed, at least a couple of which would've applied to cars bought before then--- we've honestly got no idea what the final credit- if any- will say.
Which is why waiting on the government is always a dumb choice. I'm leaning more towards NOTHING will get passed currently.

I guess we got lucky too picking up our SRP Model 3 LFP 3 weeks ago. $39,900 sounds like a better deal now.

We got for my wife's commuter car going into Atlanta 5-6 days a week. Saving $200 plus on gas, no Peachpass charges and 1 person HOV. We have 3 ICE vehicles still for "regular" drives. Not sure if the M3 goes up much more we'd consider another.

I'm in LA this week...amazed by all the Teslas...wow. Even at $2,000 more its still a no brainer out here but I have feeling her gas savings will be a lot more soon even out East.

244202632_10227154906849071_6056828265201354792_n.jpg

I guess we got lucky too picking up our SRP Model 3 LFP 3 weeks ago. $39,900 sounds like a better deal now.

We got for my wife's commuter car going into Atlanta 5-6 days a week. Saving $200 plus on gas, no Peachpass charges and 1 person HOV. We have 3 ICE vehicles still for "regular" drives. Not sure if the M3 goes up much more we'd consider another.

I'm in LA this week...amazed by all the Teslas...wow. Even at $2,000 more its still a no brainer out here but I have feeling her gas savings will be a lot more soon even out East.

View attachment 718947
Those gas prices are crazy.

Reactions: SaintMickey®