Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price Rise - 23 Nov 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think this price rise is the most sensible option for Tesla.

The Model S is already at a super-premium price point, interest rates are low and commodity / raw materials prices are falling. Couple this will falling fuel costs, means that overall the Model S package is increasing less attractive as a purchase option compare to 12 months ago. While the MS is relatively new to the UK, it is now in its fourth year of production, usually this would be a downward inflection point on price.

Maybe this is more a result of the stronger dollar. However if the dollar weakens I doubt we will see prices fall.

A lot of the press / analyst reviews (aka beatings) have come at missed sales targets, not poor margins; these increased prices will not help their cause.

Maybe this is more a result of the stronger dollar. However if the dollar weakens I doubt we will see prices fall.

Prices have fallen in the past. Tesla's stated pricing policy is to have the same underlying price in all markets, adjusted for exchange rates/local taxes/duties etc., and it appears that they do a re-alignment every few months for exchange rates - not an entirely simple exercise as they want option packages etc. to remain at 'round number' prices while tweaking the price of the whole car a few percent.