TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Price Rise - 23 Nov 2015

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by WannabeOwner, Nov 11, 2015.

1. chetalien

chetalien Member

I'm glad I ordered mine when I did- tried the design studio last night and for my poor spec 70D- the overall price went up by £1450. Hope people who were contemplating have put their order in before

2. Belly Buster

Belly Buster Member

I don't think this price rise is the most sensible option for Tesla.

The Model S is already at a super-premium price point, interest rates are low and commodity / raw materials prices are falling. Couple this will falling fuel costs, means that overall the Model S package is increasing less attractive as a purchase option compare to 12 months ago. While the MS is relatively new to the UK, it is now in its fourth year of production, usually this would be a downward inflection point on price.

Maybe this is more a result of the stronger dollar. However if the dollar weakens I doubt we will see prices fall.

A lot of the press / analyst reviews (aka beatings) have come at missed sales targets, not poor margins; these increased prices will not help their cause.

3. arg

arg Supporting Member

Prices have fallen in the past. Tesla's stated pricing policy is to have the same underlying price in all markets, adjusted for exchange rates/local taxes/duties etc., and it appears that they do a re-alignment every few months for exchange rates - not an entirely simple exercise as they want option packages etc. to remain at 'round number' prices while tweaking the price of the whole car a few percent.

4. martinwinlow

martinwinlow Member

"However if the dollar weakens I doubt we will see prices fall." It has happened before, why not agin? MW

5. mgboyes

mgboyes Member

I'm not sure that's actually true relative to competitors. My P90DL was considerably cheaper than a similarly specced Panamera, despite being a lot quicker.