Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prices just Dropped

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG. Now I don’t know what to do!!! Do I keep my blue on white that I ordered two days ago and just pocket the $910 and be happy. Or do I switch to white on black (to keep the contrast) and save almost 3k!

Anyone think this white is called the same but actually a different blend of white or more “flat” or anything? White looked gorgeous before, but was kinda boring for me compared to red or blue and if I had to pay anyway to get white might as well pick one of the louder colors...

Lol see you are still unsure of color choice :). I think it was the hardest choice in ordering the car! I mentioned before I went with the Pearl white instead of red and haven’t regretted it. Did the black interior for the contrast and for the fact dirt/stains aren’t noticeable. No regrets going black interior either. Mine is wrapped and ceramic coated and rainy season keeps it looking pretty clean! Was concerned the white would look dirty all the time; but I find it looks pretty good even out of rainy season and I take it every few weeks for a waterless car wash. I think the white looks sharp and definitely not as boring as I was concerned it might being kind of a non-color. Here’s mine. Will be curious to see what you do with your order.

171F7109-592A-45A6-A980-6FED868B8365.jpeg D097108E-3AF3-43A4-BE53-642DEA37703D.jpeg

The site says Pearl White Multicoat which is exactly what mine is. I thought they might have gone flat solid but multicoat will have that nice sparkle to it to give it some dimension and the pearl is a nice shade of white.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott7 and Big Dog
Does anyone know how you request the 18 inch wheels? Perhaps someone who has experience ordering the LR RWD?

I’ve been on the fence deciding between the Performance vs. LR AWD for months! The new pricing, and standard white paint, and finally the possibility of running smaller diameter wheels on a P3 seals it for me.

I want to buy ASAP! Just don’t understand the wheel option. I suppose if Tesla just swaps wheels with no price adjustment, then I think I’d just take delivery with the 20s and sell them. So... I guess I’m waiting a bit longer till I find out what to expect.

Lol see you are still unsure of color choice :). I think it was the hardest choice in ordering the car! I mentioned before I went with the Pearl white instead of red and haven’t regretted it. Did the black interior for the contrast and for the fact dirt/stains aren’t noticeable. No regrets going black interior either. Mine is wrapped and ceramic coated and rainy season keeps it looking pretty clean! Was concerned the white would look dirty all the time; but I find it looks pretty good even out of rainy season and I take it every few weeks for a waterless car wash. I think the white looks sharp and definitely not as boring as I was concerned it might being kind of a non-color. Here’s mine. Will be curious to see what you do with your order.

View attachment 430162 View attachment 430164

The site says Pearl White Multicoat which is exactly what mine is. I thought they might have gone flat solid but multicoat will have that nice sparkle to it to give it some dimension and the pearl is a nice shade of white.

Ya, I’m super up in the air on color. Initially if I was going to have to pay extra I didn’t want to “waste it” on white (I’ve had a white car before) but now that I save some going white, plus I probably switch back to black interior which saves even more... now it suddenly seems appealing.

(Yours looks amazing, and I always knew they looked amazing, just the blue is so eye catching at first, lol)

Reactions: SMAlset

Does anyone actually believe their car will appreciate in value? There is no doubt Tesla has a big jump on all the competition but in 4-5 years from now all of the competition will have EVs. Trucks, sedans, sport cars, hatchbacks, SUVs. What looks cutting edge in our Teslas will be outdated in 4-5 years. New sensors, better cameras, faster processors, more efficient and powerful electric motors, improved battery technology, less weight, improved suspension, etc.

I hope I am wrong and instead of trading my Tesla in for $10k when I am done with it I can send it off to join the robo taxi fleet where the general ride sharing public can officially destroy it.

Reactions: mreynolds767
I’m still mourning the 5k depreciation loss over my 3 weeks of ownership. Guess this means I’ll just have to keep suffering and drive it for longer

I am in the same boat. Oscillating between upset, laughing and don’t care. I mean, I voluntarily spent $10k for more acceleration in the P3 than the AWD. It was frivolous money burning from the start so it’s kinda stupid to mourn an as of now virtual “loss”. My config is effectively $3k cheaper now ($5k - (tax credit + homelink included in my P3)) so it’s not enormous but still hilarious that I got suckered into the “tax deadline” frenzy. At least I won $40 in Vegas the week after I got my P3.

People pay different prices for cars all the time, it’s just not as open as Tesla. The amount of whining about price drops is annoying. Would you rather Tesla state an MSRP and then just run periodic sales and incentives and do haggling like every other auto maker? Some people just need to get over it.

I have a LR RWD with EAP which no longer exists but the AWD version is like $10,000 less than my car was at purchase time last summer. That’s like 17% less. That’s ridiculous. For people who stretched financially to buy this car that’s like a $200/mo difference in the payment. Yes I know some manufacturers do sales big enough to match this type of chance but not as a standard price and not many. It stings a lot. Good for new potential buyers I suppose but I could now buy a performance model for less than my car. Ridiculous.

I have a LR RWD with EAP which no longer exists but the AWD version is like $10,000 less than my car was at purchase time last summer. That’s like 17% less. That’s ridiculous. For people who stretched financially to buy this car that’s like a $200/mo difference in the payment. Yes I know some manufacturers do sales big enough to match this type of chance but not as a standard price and not many. It stings a lot. Good for new potential buyers I suppose but I could now buy a performance model for less than my car. Ridiculous.

One year is an eternity for cutting edge consumer tech. A 17% premium is not ridiculous for 12 months of “head start”.

No one should buy a Tesla if it stretches them financially.

It stings only in your mind. Nothing tangible has changed for you today. It will have an impact in the future if you want to trade it in but then, counting on trade in value of an EV while the tech has not matured is not smart. If that’s what keeps you up at night, a lease may have been better.

Reactions: ammulder
One year is an eternity for cutting edge consumer tech. A 17% premium is not ridiculous for 12 months of “head start”.

No one should buy a Tesla if it stretches them financially.

It stings only in your mind. Nothing tangible has changed for you today. It will have an impact in the future if you want to trade it in but then, counting on trade in value of an EV while the tech has not matured is not smart. If that’s what keeps you up at night, a lease may have been better.

$200/mo is tangible. Yes it’s my fault but seems like this is super drastic. Most consumer tech does not cost $60,000. I won’t be planning on trade in value as I hope to have this car for a very long time but it’s just the fact that the same car (with AWD) can be had for significantly less just weeks to months later for most. Still feels like the people that allowed Tesla to keep operating are getting a raw deal. Like I said though, hopefully this means Tesla can continue to sell more cars and improve and in 10 years I can buy a new one for cheaper. I don’t believe they need to continue to lower prices this much but clearly they know better than I do about what they need to do to survive.

Yes, actually, I would, because I never pay MSRP for cars in the traditional system.

neither does almost anyone else... but everyone (EVERYONE) else in the traditional system pays a DIFFERENT price for their car, even people buying the same car at the same dealership at the same time.

So, for everyone complaining, for your entire life of buying cars, there is ALWAYS someone who got the exact same car cheaper than you, regardless of how good your negotiation skills are. The only difference is, because you are buying through a dealership and not the manufacturer, you dont KNOW what others paid (and no services like truecar do not tell you what everyone really paid.. they are basically advertising for car dealers at this point).

All this gnashing of teeth over price cuts, when every single month every SINGLE car dealer / manufacturer constantly cuts pricing... "SUMMER OF SAVINGS!!" " SUMMER EVENT!" " DECEMBER TO REMEMBER!!!"..... not to mention all of the trunk money (factory to dealer money) that dealers dont have to share with consumers.

These change every single month. People just dont know it.

I say this as someone who got a performance model 3 in december of last year.

Reactions: Wizard2416
Status
Not open for further replies.