Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing on a 2017 P100D with FSD and transferable FUSC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I found a 2017 P100D unicorn, it has 42k miles on it and I believe every option that was available including: 72AMP HIGH WATT CHARGING, SMART AIR SUSPENSION, PREMIUM UPGRADE PACKAGE, SUBZERO WEATHER PACKAGE, LUDICROUS SPEED UPGRADE but the guy is asking $69,999. I am pretty sure that is way too much for old battery tech and just the fact that the battery and motor warranty will be expiring in about 6 months. The guy was obviously offended when I told him I thought he was asking too much. I was just wondering what would be a fair price for this car? The only other comparable sale I could find was in June of 2023 for a car with similar specs but about 90k miles on it which sold for $50,000.

Tesla doesn't offer any equipment for the 72A home charging, so you'd need to get something to use that. Since 2018 or 2019, 48A Max is the max for their currently offered equipment. All the other equipment mentioned, except Ludicrous, became standard in subsequent years. Way too much for that car. Go to Edmunds or Kelly Blue Book, or other websites to find a proper value. The S has decreased probably 20% in recent months, primarily because Tesla lowered the new car prices by that much.

Upvote 0
Reactions: Anthony R.
Upvote 0
Because it has transferable free supercharging...there weren't too many 2017 models that had it.
I think some sellers over-estimate the value/worth of FUSC. Is it worth it? Sure, if you drive a ton of miles, and your battery has plenty of life left.

But for the vast majority of users, I bet the ROI just isn’t there. Bear with me and these hypothetical numbers…

Say you drive 12k miles/year; est 3.5 miles per kWh; cost of supercharging $0.50/kwh (CA).
= ~3400 kWh/yr, which = ~$1700/yr.
At $1700/yr for FUSC, how long does it take before you’re in positive ROI? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Upvote 0
Because it has transferable free supercharging...there weren't too many 2017 models that had it.
FUSC with FSD is already rare, but in addition to that it is a P100D. Most of the ones I did find when I was in the market were 70D’s, not even 90D’s, and they were high $50’s last year vs mid $30’s for AP1 for comparison. So if AP1 X’s are going for $25 now, I’d say $45-50k would be a fair asking for a 90D with FSD and FUSC. Add into account what your value for a P100D pre-raven with low miles and how the transfers have made FUSC more rare… maybe $55-59 seems more appropriate, but who knows how many are out there. Him asking $70 seems high but not unreasonable so, but he has to be willing to explain to folks why he’s asking that much when you could get a new 2024 MXLR for $72 after tax credit. And for most people, FUSC isn’t worth that much premium. The car would be what, $35-45k without FUSC?

We saved about $6500 with FUSC with our Model X over 57,000 miles in the past 12 months, and that’s only supercharging 63% of the time. For us it was worth it to find FUSC.

Last edited:
Reactions: karkrazy
Upvote 0
Here’s a nearly identical comp with fewer miles that recently sold for $41k

I stand by my assessment that the sellers price of $70k is absolutely bonkers. FSD/FUSC does not even come close to justifying that price in the current market.

The problem with these sales is these guys spent >$120k for these cars when new and are in complete denial of how much they’ve depreciated since then. $70k is nowhere near reality for a 2017 MS in 2024. As I said, you can buy a brand new LR MS for $4k more.

And there were tons of 2017 P100Ds sold… they are not rare by any means. It was their flagship car at the time.

Reactions: SilverGS
Upvote 0
Here’s a nearly identical comp with fewer miles that recently sold for $41k

I stand by my assessment that the sellers price of $70k is absolutely bonkers. FSD/FUSC does not even come close to justifying that price in the current market.

The problem with these sales is these guys spent >$120k for these cars when new and are in complete denial of how much they’ve depreciated since then. $70k is nowhere near reality for a 2017 MS in 2024. As I said, you can buy a brand new LR MS for $4k more.

And there were tons of 2017 P100Ds sold… they are not rare by any means. It was their flagship car at the time.
Also the other major factor that the OP is not thinking about with this so-called "unicorn" vs. getting a new or even 1 or 2 year old S is the value of a car that has a factory warranty vs. one that doesn't. Especially on a Tesla.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Upvote 0
I’m skeptical about transferable FUSC in a 2017. I purchased my 2017 S100D in November 2017. I used a friend’s referral code and got $500 price reduction plus non-transferable FUSC as long as I own the car. The FUSC can NOT be transferred to the next owner.

I think transferable FUSC ended in 2016.

FWIW, with 105k miles my battery has about 90% of its original capacity.

Upvote 0
Transferable FUSC ended in Apr 17. The asking price is way too high. It’s like the seller is asking the buyer to get a new S and then exchange it with his aging S for FSD and FUSC, expiring warranty and few bucks.

There was a part two to this answer.

The MS had to be ordered before Jan 15th to get transferable SC01 FUSC versus original owner SC05 FUSC. I only know as this got me to buy my Tesla 100D back then. The downside is I missed the computer upgrade though I got updated cameras by a couple weeks though a paid upgrade became available later.

News of that FUSC extension still posted at:

Upvote 0
As others wrote, I'm HIGHLY skeptical that the FUSC is truly transferrable (aka option code SC01). MOST sellers who claim this are simply offering to give you their Tesla account & password with the car. If this is the case, Tesla could easily shut down the FUSC if/when they ever realize that the original owner no longer has the car (say you take it in for service... EVER.)

Also most people value this feature (FUSC) at about $5000 when buying a car with it. FSD is $8000 new, but there are lots of used cars with FSD, and it's not valued at anything close to new when pricing a used car. Usually (even in Tesla's own used inventory) it is given a value of exactly $0.00. So, you're talking a value of at most, $13k, closer to $5000, depending on how much you value FUSC - which again assumes it will actually transfer.

Also, does the car actually have the latest FSD software installed and running? If not, they likely have MCU1 (MCU2 was not available when SC01 was available) and you'll have to deal with upgrading the MCU in order to get functional FSD. There are many threads detailing how difficult this is to do if you don't want to pay the $2000-ish upgrade fee (which you shouldn't - but that's another story).

Also as others have said, you get just order a brand new stock Model S right now for $73k, and it's a better car in almost every single way than a 2017 P100D. You would lose out on FUSC and FSD, but you would have a full warranty, better battery, motors, seats, computers, displays, a rear display, better suspension, efficiency/range, charging speed, new paint, full glass roof (if the P100D has a full glass roof, it does not have SC01 FUSC).... that's just off the top of my head.

This is a no brainer. Walk Run away and laugh at the guy. If you have $70k to consider this car, just buy a new one for $3k more and forego the FSD and FUSC.

Upvote 0