Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prijzen naar beneden?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to say that I'm surprised there's not more outrage over this - I would have expected everyone with a pending order to be feeling quite annoyed.

Anyway, I did get feedback from Tesla sales that the order price is fixed and they won't change it - this response has come from Tesla in USA. I don't accept this and am pursuing it further with Tesla management.

Bottom line is that any order can be cancelled at any time before delivery with the loss of deposit, so this would be my final, but regrettable last resort. Personally I find this whole situation utterly ridiculous.

I have to say that I'm also amazed that this doesn't seem to have been brought up directly to Elon during his trip to Europe - shame he didn't come to Brussels, I would have been there and asked him myself.

JUST CANCEL!
Er zijn gisteren al genoeg stomme vragen gesteld.

I also found many of the questions asked to Elon very bad - they seemed to be more self-promotion rather than helpful to any Tesla discussion.

Regarding this pricing debacle. I'm not giving up on it because I believe Tesla have the wrong policy here. They have to adapt to what Amazon offers insomuch that of the product price goes down before delivery then the customer benefits, if it goes up then the original price is respected.

This is the only way to deal with such fluctuations without upsetting customers. Pressure needs to be exerted now so that they adapt for the future to avoid such issues.

That's why I'm pushing it. I think it's dumb.

For my personal situation I don't really want to cancel, it's a bad situation for everyone, would be much better to at least enter a dialogue and have Tesla apply some common sense.

But OK, I see that people don't seem to agree with me so I'll stop posting about it :tongue:

Gewoon uit nieuwsgierigheid: zijn er al mensen op dit forum die hem in januari hebben besteld?
Reservatie geplaatst op 2/01/2014
Even on hold geplaatst en bevestigd op 19/01/2014

Toen ze mij gisteren contacteerden met de vraag of ik wil overschakelen naar de horizontale matte obeche inleg, merkte ik ook dat de prijs 4350 euro goedkoper geworden is, en heb in mijn mail naar de sales advisor (Rombout Heesterman) gevraagd welke prijs ik betaal, en of ik niet beter annuleer & opnieuw bestel, zo spaar ik 2350 euro uit. Enige nadeel is dan dat ik hem dan wat later ontvang, en ik ben bang dat er bij de introductie in Azie in het algemeen heel wat orders bijgekomen zijn, en door het autosalon misschien ook een aantal orders in België... Dilemma :(

Ik had mijn reservatie reeds bevestigd einde oktober. Eind november hebben ze toch de prijs aangepast zonder nadelige gevolgen. Ik zou ze nog eens opbellen en hen beleefd duidelijk maken wat je er van vindt. Succes!

Reservatie geplaatst op 2/01/2014
Even on hold geplaatst en bevestigd op 19/01/2014

Toen ze mij gisteren contacteerden met de vraag of ik wil overschakelen naar de horizontale matte obeche inleg, merkte ik ook dat de prijs 4350 euro goedkoper geworden is, en heb in mijn mail naar de sales advisor (Rombout Heesterman) gevraagd welke prijs ik betaal, en of ik niet beter annuleer & opnieuw bestel, zo spaar ik 2350 euro uit. Enige nadeel is dan dat ik hem dan wat later ontvang, en ik ben bang dat er bij de introductie in Azie in het algemeen heel wat orders bijgekomen zijn, en door het autosalon misschien ook een aantal orders in België... Dilemma :(

As a consultant, I once contributed to a major reform plan for the Belgian government (which never was applied, of course), and at that time I realised that any change was imaginable at the Ministry of Finance, because they CREATE the laws.
That's exactly what Tesla is perfectly capable of doing here: their price strategy is THEIR policy only: they can implement any way of dealing with their customers in the way they choose.
And it's for that reason that I also have a tough time with this particular price change :mad:

If this is indeed about a benefit in currency: most of the Model S parts are bought in USD, labour is in USD, and it's at the time of export that the benefit of the strong EUR kicks in, no?

sorry heren, ik snap jullie echt niet.

1. wil je nu echt dat de definitieve prijs pas bekend is bij de invoer in de EU ? ROFL... Ik hoor het gejank nu al, zodra er 0,5 € meer zal moeten betaald worden door een €/$-koerswijziging.

2. Tesla is zo vriendelijk de verkoopsprijs te laten dalen als de $ verzwakt tegenover de €. Hebben jullie nu echt liever dat ze dat NIET deden ?

(FYI : mijn auto vandaag is intussen bijna 3000€ goedkoper, èn sneller leverbaar, èn met meer opties.... etc. etc.)

Het gaat hier niet om engineering, maar het domein van slimme M&S...: over hoe je omgaat met prijzen en klanten die zich (vooraan of verder) in de sales funnel bevinden.
Je kan daar op heel verschillende manieren mee omgaan (het voorbeeld van Amazon is al vermeld).
Met 2 behoorlijke aanpassingen binnen een tijdspanne van 4 maanden (d.i. < typische leveringstermijn), nodigt dit uit om daar niet al te licht overheen te gaan...

Stel dat Tesla nu het Service contract behoorlijk naar beneden zou sturen, dan neem ik aan dat dit ook vragen zou oproepen bij eigenaars die vb. een contract van 4j hebben afgesloten, toch?

een kwartaal = drie maanden.

moe....

I understand you're frustrated because of the price-change. However, you agreed to a price at the moment of confirming your order. I wish you the best trying to get them to lower your price, but I doubt they'll do that.

Different question: when configuring your Tesla, now there's the option to select extra charging cables/adapters, service and winter-tires. Will Tesla contact confirmed orders if they want those accessories as an extra option? Or is confirmed confirmed (just like the price)?

No idea on that @Gastogne.

I don't think Tesla will change the price for me either, but I hope to persuade them to change their future policy on this in order to stop the same problem next time it occurs.

And indeed, when they halve the price of the services, what about those that pre-paid? I was planning to pre-pay four years, but I think I skip that now...

As already mentioned, they should be following the Amazon model: price decreases are passed-on while increases are absorbed

This is how to treat customer, even more so those that are dropping €100k+ as early adopters on such a high risk venture (by high risk I mean that Tesla could well still go under, the SC network could well not be built, etc.)

But OK, they're a young company, seemingly run by engineers and nerds. They have a lot to learn, but in order to do so they need to listen a little more.