Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Primary antenna “open” in red in service mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went into the service mode then infotainment -> connectivity and my primary antenna is in red and “open”

Took off the interior door panel to check the antenna connections and it’s fine. Took off the front driver side kick panel where the antenna connection goes and it’s fine.

Took the skill cap off my side mirror, doesn’t look like the wires are being kinked or cut or corroded.
F757F4B9-7BDC-463D-A6E5-63D272A8B771.jpeg

Still showing red. Tried reinstalling software, tried rebooting, still the same. Sometimes takes awhile for the car to connect to LTE / cell network. Otherwise fine.

15C56BB0-F10E-42BB-8B4B-912A85311028.jpeg

Don’t really feel worth it to spend $500 plus for a new side mirror with new connectors/antenna etC. Sigh.

Attachments

• 57FCA541-1C51-4051-8618-718E34B98425.jpeg
    57FCA541-1C51-4051-8618-718E34B98425.jpeg
    494.5 KB · Views: 186
My body shop called me back and think its a software issue. Said they had a similar issue on another car and they were able to push some software that fixed the issue. So trying that tomorrow. Your experience also makes me think its some software related issue.
Go into service mode and try reinstalling your software. I did that a few times, not sure if it helped, but it eventually turned back green.

• Informative
Reactions: gearchruncher
Took off the interior door panel to check the antenna connections and it’s fine. Took off the front driver side kick panel where the antenna connection goes and it’s fine.

I'm in the same situation, and I'd like to check those connections as well (the very poor LTE signal is frustrating me and my wife 😂).
Does anyone have pointers about which panels are and how to remove them? Thank you!!! (if this is a FAQ, apologies and links to other threads are welcome!)