Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prioritize your options offered through Tesla!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. EAP - Autopilot for long trips and bumper-to-bumper traffic is really important to me, $5K is worth it.
2. PUP - Nice $5K bundle with premium sound system, leatherette, glass roof, etc.

Regarding LR : I would really love bigger battery, faster car, faster charging, better battery warranty, but $9K is too expensive.
So my black Model3 will likely be $35K + $1K destination + $5K PUP + $5K EAP = $46K plus tax = $50K . Hopefully I will get tax credits from California and Federal to bring the price from $50K down to $40K, but that depends on which version of new GOP tax plan passes. Also, hopefully the interest rate on car loan for 72 months is 1.9% or lower.

Reactions: T34ME
Based on your list. My cutoff is 4.
  1. LR battery...soon to be empty-nester, with a great big America to go visit! I need the range of a S100D, at half the price.
  2. Color upgrade...my wife has a black car that is perpetually dirty and shows every rock chip...no thanks
  3. PUP...love the pano glass roof, and "leather" seating a must
  4. EAP...absolutely
  5. 19" wheels...don't care
  6. FSD...will buy it once it works
  7. AWD...don't care...I live in the south
  8. Performance/Ludicrous...I'm upgrading from a 2012 LEAF...the stock M3 will be ludicrous enough!

1. Color
2. PUP
3. LR
4. EAP
5. FSD
6. AWD

Long range is the deal breaker though. I commute 75 miles x 4 days a week, so I can survive on standard range. I take 1-2 200+ mile trips a year. So I am torn on that. $9000 is a lot for 100+ miles of range.

The website, Model3Tracker has record preferences for about 10K reservationists from all over the world. I did a quick tabulation of the option priorities from those records and these are the results:

1. Color upgrade
  2. AWD
  3. LR battery
  4. PUP
  5. EAP
  6. FSD
  7. Performance/Ludicrous
  8. 19" wheels
SAS is not listed. Fascinating breakdown! I presume that the 19" sportwheels are so unpopular is because many owners will go to aftermarket for rims for a lot less money than $1500 Tesla wants. You can get some pretty nice 18" rims for $1000-1200 for a set. AWD and LR battery are almost equally weighted which stands to reason for cold winter climates.