Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with almost all electronics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
Over the past few days and probably since the last update, I am having problems as follows:
Phone intermittently stops working
Indicators come and go and don't make any noise. Again intermittently. Some times they start by themselves which is scary
All the warning comes up at the top row but again intermittently
Speed icon disappears
Screen goes blank and reboots itself
No idea what the hello is going on. Have booked a service next week. The car is less than 6 months old.
Starting to change my mind about the whole Tesla. They seem obsessed with self drive but cant get the basics right
Any body else having same issues?
Thanks

Hi
Over the past few days and probably since the last update, I am having problems as follows:
Indicators come and go and don't make any noise. Again intermittently. Some times they start by themselves which is scary
Speed icon disappears
No idea what the hello is going on. Have booked a service next week. The car is less than 6 months old.
Starting to change my mind about the whole Tesla. They seem obsessed with self drive but cant get the basics right
Thanks

Maybe try a hard reboot first?

Reactions: CMc1 and M3noob
Hi
Speed icon disappears
Thanks
Have you got an SSD/USB plugged in? Just might possibly be the cause.

Reactions: CMc1
I was just about to start a new thread and spotted this.

Wife's phone is fine in the car but if I make or receive a call while on BT, there's no audio which is super confusing for everyone involved. Initially, this also started taking out the indicator sounds/radio/music etc which would come and go randomly e.g. five mins silence followed by a couple of minutes of noise. But making/taking a call would always kill the audio.

I did a hard reset with the two buttons and not had issues with anything except my phone which is still muted.

Any ideas?

Wife's phone is fine in the car but if I make or receive a call while on BT, there's no audio which is super confusing for everyone involved. Initially, this also started taking out the indicator sounds/radio/music etc which would come and go randomly e.g. five mins silence followed by a couple of minutes of noise. But making/taking a call would always kill the audio.

I did a hard reset with the two buttons and not had issues with anything except my phone which is still muted.

Any ideas?
There are known Bluetooth issues which are addressed in future releases. Have a search on here

Hi
Speed icon disappears
Thanks

Have you got an SSD/USB plugged in? Just might possibly be the cause.
What firmware you on? USBs have been known to cause issues, especially on some of the older software. Try reformatting the USB in the car menu if you’re on 2020.8 +

was it raining previously, there was some thread on here about water getting in through gap in area around windscreen and bottom of pillar required wiring harness module being replaced

Multiple system failure

Hi
Speed icon disappears
Thanks

was it raining previously, there was some thread on here about water getting in through gap in area around windscreen and bottom of pillar required wiring harness module being replaced

Multiple system failure
OP is mainly having issues with the UI. That other thread is issues with the cars main systems and throwing multiple alerts - which the OP hasn’t reported.

I doubt they are the same issues.

SOmething that's never happened to us in a year of driving happened yesterday: screen froze entirely and audio died. This lasted a matter of minutes and driving was a bit freaky. Thankfully we were only going a mile away. By the time we got to our destination, the screen had blacked out and restarted. All seemed normal until driving home and no sound again from indicators. I've posted here before about losing system sounds and phone audio.

Do I really need to flag this for a service or will an update fix it. The last update didn't solve it so I've no confidence future ones will.

SOmething that's never happened to us in a year of driving happened yesterday: screen froze entirely and audio died. This lasted a matter of minutes and driving was a bit freaky. Thankfully we were only going a mile away. By the time we got to our destination, the screen had blacked out and restarted. All seemed normal until driving home and no sound again from indicators. I've posted here before about losing system sounds and phone audio.

Do I really need to flag this for a service or will an update fix it. The last update didn't solve it so I've no confidence future ones will.

Have you tried a reboot. That fixes a lot of software glitches

Any ideas?
Yeah I had this issue until an update ... the one before I’m on now which is 2020.28.5

i say it’s sorted, but I’m hardly in the car since lockdown so it’s hard to know really ! Only done 2000miles since November when I got the car !