Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with charging facelifted model s 75

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Their semi-quick chargers adopted European standard and my American Tesla car might not follow it.

He was trying to fool you with the so called European standard vs American car. He was just referring to IEC 62196 which is more commonly used in Europe. The Tesla sold in HK market adopts IEC standard (aka the "blue cable" often mentioned in the HK subforum).

I don't know if this wise man from Environment Bureau can make you believe a car born in America cannot adopt European standard and that's what causing the problem, but I believe we are still years away from any real solution given this level of self confidence and ignorance within the HK government

btw, can John share with us the identity of the one who told you this bullshit?

Maybe we should ask the number of European standards EV vs American standards EV registered in HK. Subject to their answer (which I believe its quote obvious), why did they adopt/permit the lesser numbers standard. How do they play their role of encouraging EV.

Tesla Model S and X uses the European standard (IEC62196 type II - aka Mennekes). Pretty much all EVs in HK now follow that standard. The American J1772 standard is only used by some older EVs.

Sorry, Mattse and all,
First of all, I mix up Environment Bureau and Environmental Protection Department. That guy came from Environmental Protection Department.
I made an inquiry via 1823 of HKSAR. Then, the guy phoned me and just claimed that he was staff of Environmental Protection Department. He did not further introduce himself. I cannot identify him!!
Of course, I do not believe this man as he did not know that some of their EV chargers could charge-up both old and new models of car.
garethmchau found a new "workable" charger at Star Ferry.
I find that it is same brand of charger in my housing estate as "cableplus".

That's ok, no problem at all
Rather interesting for HK as people working in EPD either don't care too much or don't know too much about environmental protection other than levy on plastic bags...

Those who I've worked with at the EPD obviously car deeply and work every day towards improving the environment of Hong Kong. How about reducing emissions harmful to respiratory health from power generation by 90% over the past twenty years? How about their work on forcing the upgrade of diesel vehicles? They've done a lot more than introduce a levy on plastic bags. But, they have to work in a very pro-business environment (sic) that often doesn't balance the needs of the environment vs development as much as we would want. There are good people there.

Power generation, we are one of those cities closest to the sea in this world, have we made use of any tidal power? Can we? And did anyone try to promote solar in HK? Diesel vehicles, anyone who drives in HK knows how to beat the annual vehicle examination, we even have smoky public buses in HK. EPD does deploy mobile remote sensing equipment at roadsides to catch these smoky vehicles according to news reports, but did they do this often enough? I just know I met smoky LGV, minibuses and even public buses more than anyone need to. Btw, I have a white Tesla and I have open-air parking at work, the fine black dust on my car become so easily seen every 2 days. And there is no burning / cooking / any similar activities within 50 m (maybe more I am not sure). There is just a small flat road (50 km/hr max) within 10 m from where I park

Btw. how about LPG taxi and minibus? How they beat their annual vehicle examination on emission was on the news years ago, any follow up action by EPD? (maybe TD should be responsible for this instead)

There must be good people everywhere, but are they doing enough? If they had spent half their effort on plastic bag levy to any one of the above areas, we probably have even more improvement now. And if they spent half their energy on making legislation on plastc bag levy into persuading the govt on EV vs ICE FRT, I believe the story will be very different by now

Reactions: T.E.S.L.A
Well for those who was frustrated about not being able to charge their FL teslas at Murray Building can shift their frustration a different direction.

Saw a note this morning. The parking is closing end of May!!! Re-development.

This is the one convenient place for me to park near work and get charging (although slow). Now all those cars will squeeze into nearby parkings, making it a complete clusterf*** to park in Admiralty and cost more to park each day. :mad:

Parked at city hall this morning and they have new medium chargers installed. They work with the new facelift MS!

Attachments

• IMG_1070.JPG
    IMG_1070.JPG
    280.3 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: TESLΛ and Chong