Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with new TPMS after installing TSportLine tires/wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally had Tesla Mobile Service install my new TSportLine tires/wheels. I’m getting TPMS error messages.

It appears the sensors are being read by the car but then I start getting error messages that read “x minutes ago” next to a tire PSI reading. The left rear was initially updated but it's been over 2 hours since its last update. The other three tires appear to be operating correctly. I have driven the car about 20 miles and even let the air out of the tire and aired them back up with no effect on the errors.
N9FWR1o.jpg

My Tesla is a 2022 Model Y Performance.

While I wait for TSpotLine to respond, any thoughts or suggestions?

still think it sucks you have to eat the cost to replace! did you just get the wheels from them and you got the tpms and tires?
I bought a complete set tires/wheels/tpms/balanced/center caps - $2700. Plug and Play.
bO3yRjh.jpg

They did sit for 3 months as I waited on my MYP to be delivered and just had them installed today. Gonna take a long drive tomorrow and see how that goes. Still waiting on TSportLine to get back to me.

I bought a complete set tires/wheels/tpms/balanced/center caps - $2700. Plug and Play.
bO3yRjh.jpg

They did sit for 3 months as I waited on my MYP to be delivered and just had them installed today. Gonna take a long drive tomorrow and see how that goes. Still waiting on TSportLine to get back to me.
please let us know how T-Sportline goes and the solution. Am thinking if getting a package there too. Like to know how they solve this

please show what they look like on your MYP
Only photo, for now, more to follow:
KjO3AYV.jpg

UPDATE: TSportLine returned my call they provided three possible solutions:

It can take up to 2 days for the new BT TPMS to register completely, so if after 2 days of driving a sensor is not registering properly I need to take it to a Tesla Service Center or local tire shop that has a special "wand" that can wake a reluctant sensor. The Tesla Tech said he didn't have the tool but expected the sensors to register. And lastly, if the wand doesn't wake the sensor, given these are actual Tesla TPMS they would then be able to say it was defective and TSportLine would send me a new one.

So that gives me a reason to drive my Y more and if necessary my local SC is 40 miles away.

In the meantime, I'm loving the feel and ride with the 18's and can already see they are more efficient than the 21s in a few of my normal driving routes, and I will also get out my DRAGY and see what kind of # she can lay down.

So I'll report back with the final outcome.

TSportLine asked I let about 15 pounds out of that tire, then reinflate it. I did one better I let 15 pounds out of ALL FOUR tires and slowly drove around my subdivision and within a minute three tires reported the new LOW PSI and the front right was still displaying 45 with the word "yesterday" under it.
ReD1Zj0.jpg

I then aired them back up and repeated the drive. Three tires reported the new PSI in less than 60 seconds and the right front had no change.
mwAjPas.jpg

And the warning messages are still present on the lower left side of the screen along with the yellow tire icon.

So I just pinged TSportLine and asked if they had any more tests I need to do before they agree the sensor is bad and send me a new one.

Standing by.

Where are you storing the factory wheels? Could the TPMS sensors in the factory wheels be creating interference?
They were in the garage with the car, but since I’m cleaning them I took the opportunity and moved them to the other side of the house probably 75 feet away. I wonder how long I need to keep them away from the car before the car either doesn’t recognize them or the new ones marry up If this is the issue.

Surprising TSportLine didn’t suggest this. But I’ll leave the tires outside for several hours and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestion.

TSportLine wants me to drive the car for "48 hours" after doing the air pressure procedure. So that takes me to Sat. I told them come Sat if the sensor is still not registering I want a new sensor.

Oh and here's a weird anomaly, the phone shows the dormant TPMS on the left rear tire, not the right front the car's display displays.

Reactions: MyMYLRnw
TSportLine wants me to drive the car for "48 hours" after doing the air pressure procedure. So that takes me to Sat. I told them come Sat if the sensor is still not registering I want a new sensor.

Oh and here's a weird anomaly, the phone shows the dormant TPMS on the left rear tire, not the right front the car's display displays.
You could close the phone app and reopen the app to see if the TPMS tire locations update on the app. If that fails you could log out of the app, close the app, reopen the app and log back into the Tesla account.

The Tesla Model Y Owner's Manual now includes a statement that non-Tesla wheels can cause issues with the TPMS.

Glad they are taking care of you @TomServo

Data Point: I just went the other way (19" to 21") and all four new TPMS sensors were picked up within a mile of driving, no muss, no fuss. And the old tires/wheels with TPMS were sitting in the garage next to my MY.

Point being: you had a bad sensor. Too bad they made you jump through hoops to admit it, haha!!

Reactions: MBx4
UPDATE 10/5/22: I just returned from the Tesla Service Center, they installed a new TPMS and I'm good to go. I paid the $168 out of pocket, when the TSportLine replacement TPMS arrives later today I'll either keep it as a spare or sell it.

But my new MYP is whole again and a joy to drive.