Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with the Tesla app, How we can move the secondary car to the primary car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I need to switch the secondary car, which is the one that was bought first, as the primary on the app.

I have a bug that the secondary car does not show the buttons to Buy or upgrade software. (FSD subscription or EAP)

Tesla is still working on trying to make it appear but with no luck yet.
On the car, we can't buy it, and the app does not show on the secondary car.

I think I could remove the first car but I don't want to lose any settings or risk not being able to add it later.

Any help will be appreciated as I already upgraded to the FSD computer and can't add the software.

I responded to your question in a different thread, but you provided additional information here.

Is your account the one that was used to purchase the secondary car, or were you added as an additional driver to that car? As long as your app is logged in using the account that owns the car, you should see the Upgrades option.

I only use one account. Both phones are setup with the same email. Both apps behave the same.

Only the first car has access to buy the fsd.

I want to try to move the second car to see if it is an app issue, and solves my problem.

I only use one account. Both phones are setup with the same email. Both apps behave the same.

Only the first car has access to buy the fsd.

I want to try to move the second car to see if it is an app issue, and solves my problem.

Which car is primary in the app doesnt control whether you can buy FSD or upgrades. I dont work for tesla, but I am saying this from personal experience as we have two different teslas (a model 3 and Y) and my model 3 is the primary car in my app, yet my wifes model Y has those options (purchase FSD) for me, and does not for her since she is an additional driver (even though she is primary on that vehicle in her tesla app).

This is normally governed by the primary owner vs additional driver mechanic, but if you only use one account AND are the primary owner of the cars then you will need to wait for Tesla to address whatever back end issue exists on your account.

It seems to be a bug in the app.
Apparently Tesla already changed the car to the primary and still no luck.

I still want to be able to do this as I can't stand still.
I just paid $1000 for the FSD computer. and still no way to upgrade the software.

So I would like to find someone with the answer, in parallel to what they are doing (Which does not seem to be much, after they told me only HW was needed for it to appear in the app or in the car).

Last edited:
So now the question changes to " Has anyone an idea on how to activate the Buttons for Buying FSD or Subscription?"
Has anyone seen this before?
Would it be possible to transfer the vehicle to a second account with a different email? That would make the vehicle primary and presumably enable full functionality. You could then share each vehicle to the other account, or, perhaps, transfer it back to the first account if you have no need for additional purchases. Assuming you are trying to purchase FSD outright, there would be no ongoing subscription issues.

Would it be possible to transfer the vehicle to a second account with a different email? That would make the vehicle primary and presumably enable full functionality. You could then share each vehicle to the other account, or, perhaps, transfer it back to the first account if you have no need for additional purchases. Assuming you are trying to purchase FSD outright, there would be no ongoing subscription issues.
This is a great idea, and Ill do it tomorrow.

This is what it shows. It thinks that I have all the software already. ( same on the subscriptions)

Attachments

• B01529ED-7AB8-4CB0-97D1-1062E4CB4368.png
    B01529ED-7AB8-4CB0-97D1-1062E4CB4368.png
    170.7 KB · Views: 435