Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since there were only 500 of the 2008 Roadsters, I suspect everyone jumped up about 100 from your previously known number.

I still don't have a VIN. All I know is that mine starts production on June 8th because that is when the Executive leather interior because available on the production line.

So I stopped by the Menlo Park store yesterday. I've been to the LA store many times, but this was the first time for me in Menlo. I'd *HIGHLY* reccomend everyone stop by before locking-in their preferences. At the LA store, there are only a handful of cars; the Menlo store has tons of cars in all colors and options ... and the staff is quite a bit more knowledgeable / closer to the factory.

While I was there, I asked about the status of my car (#619, non-sport). It is in manufacture, just before the paint shop. A nice tesla employee showed me a chart with the statistical distribution of production step to delivery date (mean, median, mode, max, min). I really wish they'd post that publicly. Short summary: There is a huge standard deviation, but I am likely to get my car in ~1 month .... and it should be in the states in 2 weeks!

can't wait!!!h
dan.

So I stopped by the Menlo Park store yesterday. I've been to the LA store many times, but this was the first time for me in Menlo. I'd *HIGHLY* reccomend everyone stop by before locking-in their preferences. At the LA store, there are only a handful of cars; the Menlo store has tons of cars in all colors and options ...

Cool Dan,

Any custom colors there?

What's your's look like?

As promised, the after photos of the black wheels. I really like them!
eb40975261944c0fb8d0775fefd66b39
aceef39ab4e04a3590fbc84d7175fd6e

[Doug; I think I got the sizes better this time. Let me know if they need to be smaller.]

That looks really sharp! Love it! The black wheels offset the red much better than silver or chrome.

I think I'm keeping the gun metal gray that came with mine. I have a similar color on my S2000 and always thought that looked good too.

Now I am getting excited about my Sport Roadster. Same radiant red, with black wheels. And I also have the carbon fiber hardtop.

Same here. James, I'm really hoping you post photos of your car as soon as you get it. It's all coming together for us, what our cars will look like. This helps a lot. A photo of yours will complete the picture for me.

(Edit: Oh, one more thing. I'll also be painting my brake calipers the same radiant red).

Last edited:
SByer,
Please post a few pictures of your Roadster with the black soft top on it.
That will be the closest thing possible for a visual image of the black wheels and black CF hardtop.

That would essentially be my Roadster most of the summer with the black soft top being on and off all of the time.

I have been waiting for a long time to see real pictures of a radiant red Roadster with black wheels.
I have seen it on grey and orange Roadsters. It works on orange, but I didn't like it on grey.
So I was worried how it would match with radiant red. You have completely removed my concerns about the match now.
It works awsome in my opinion.

Last edited:
Like Dr C, I got an email on my 629 saying it will start production the week of 8 June. Build order number will be 562. Delivery about 6 weeks thereafter. Of course, I'm a Cubs fan, so I'm used to waiting until next year.:biggrin:

I just found out I have build/sequence number 553 which also starts on June 8th.
I was told that is NOT the VIN number though.
There are some other variables that affect the actual VIN number.
The VIN is not determined until June 8th.

I hope to have time to take off the hardtop this weekend, though I still don't have a location to store it yet...

I've been told that a hardtop storage bag is in the works - the Elise one doesn't fit, as the Roaster's hardtop is slightly longer.

I'll add a picture with the softtop on it what I do get the hardtop off - I suspect it will change the character of the car yet again :) !

Sbyer,
I really like your Roadster with the painted radiant red hardtop. But I know that I want the carbon fiber hardtop also.

I am now sort of considering getting both so that I have different options for changing the overall look of my Roadster.

At one point I was considering getting both types of wheels. The black wheels for the performance tires, then the silver wheels for the normal tires. But now that I have seen the black wheels, I am going to just stick with those full time. When the performance tires wear out, I will replace them with the regular tires.

Last edited: