Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
~1800 sounds about right to me. But I think Leafs produced is already past that number now.

By the way, even though they may have skipped a few North American VINs in the high 400s at the end of 2008, they did make VPs and Founders' series cars using a different VIN sequence, so total production for 2008 is likely more than 500.

Last edited:
Roadster will be delivered on May 13th

I ordered a Roadster 2.5 base three weeks ago that was already planned for production (VIN 561). The delivery will be on May 13th.

Color is radiant red, black leather, red accents (rally).

I ordered the car without a test drive. So I really hope I'll not regret it. But based on the various tests in magazines and the internet the car simply has to be good.

I'm living in the center of germany (Ruhrgebiet) and plan to use the car in summer for private as well as business trips.

...I ordered the car without a test drive. So I really hope I'll not regret it. But based on the various tests in magazines and the internet the car simply has to be good.....

Wow, old school Sig 100 order style. The first 100 onwers put down full price without driving either. They had the additional fear the company would never produce a car and they were told the money would never be returned if Tesla failed.
There were some returns like Arnold. It was just too hard for him to get in and out of. He has a Model S on order. Others never drove the car in their collection, some updated to the new model, financial ruin, family problems, etc. but no-one was not happy with the ride that I heard of.

I ordered a Roadster 2.5 base three weeks ago that was already planned for production (VIN 561). The delivery will be on May 13th.

I ordered the car without a test drive. So I really hope I'll not regret it. But based on the various tests in magazines and the internet the car simply has to be good.

I'm living in the center of germany (Ruhrgebiet) and plan to use the car in summer for private as well as business trips.

Great choice of colours - identical to mine.

Don't worry, your first drive will be amazing. One test drive and I was hooked.

Thats whats happen to my too. If you cannot afford a Tesla, please don't to a testdrive. Otherwise you will left in pain. Also Porsche and Ferrari-drivers don't do this, you will throw away your car immediately.

I also wonder, that the vin# increased from #421 to #561 within half year. Means 140 Roadster sold in Europ/Asia within 6 month!

Last edited:
Wow, old school Sig 100 order style. The first 100 onwers put down full price without driving either. They had the additional fear the company would never produce a car and they were told the money would never be returned if Tesla failed.

Not just Sig100. I have US #670, and I ordered the car and put down $10K without a test drive. When I placed my order, the Seattle store hadn't opened and Tesla wouldn't let ordinary people drive without a deposit anyway. I did manage to get to the Menlo Park store and drive one before I locked options and paid the rest of the price, though. The only reason I waited so long was that I was worried that Tesla would die with my money, and it took me a while to feel good enough about them to take the plunge. As it was, it worked out for the better because I like the 2.0's much better than the 1.5 that I would have gotten had I decided earlier.

Hi Thorsten,

i live in Meerbusch near Duisburg. If you like you can come over to me and test drive my Roadster :smile:
What about this Weekend?
Just send me a PN.
But anyway... you definitely won´t regret your order!

GridParity

Eberhard, you have a great sense of humour! :biggrin::wink:

Thats whats happen to my too. If you cannot afford a Tesla, please don't to a testdrive. Otherwise you will left in pain. Also Porsche and Ferrari-drivers don't do this, you will throw away your car immediately.I also wonder, that the vin# increased from #421 to #561 within half year. Means 140 Roadster sold in Europ/Asia within 6 month!

Hi Thorsten,

i live in Meerbusch near Duisburg. If you like you can come over to me and test drive my Roadster :smile:
What about this Weekend?

GridParity

Hi GridParity,

thanks for the offer to drive your Telsa. But I prefer to wait a few days more. Then the first Telsa I'll drive is my own one.

But what do you think about a tour together after I got mine?