Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed that this thread hasn't been updated for a while. Has anyone any updates about how many Roadsters which has been sold and delivered as we speak?

145 Roadsters were sold during Q1 2011 according to Tesla's earnings release.

I just returned from Palo Alto to finalize purchase of VIN 1172 (Roadster 2.5). It should arrive in Atlanta in a few weeks. A Very Orange 2.5 Sport left Palo Alto for Atlanta last Friday. I think there will be 6-7 Roadsters in Atlanta once mine is delivered.

Are all of them orange? :)

Let me update: a Radiant Red 2.5 Sport left last Friday headed to Atlanta. There is one Very Orange 2.5 Sport in Atlanta. There is an early VIN Grey 1.5 in Virginia Highland area of Atlanta. A red 1.5 and Jet Black 2.5 Sport in Alpharetta. A blue 1.5 (VIN 189) in Atlanta. Our power company Georgia Power (The Southern Company) owns one and has recharge stations at the corporate office.

Mine leaves Palo Alto tomorrow; Jet Black 2.5 with Dark Grey interior.

Fuzzy.:smile:

Nice selection sprediletto!

Thanks. I flew out to Palo Alto to meet my sales rep and tour the Palo Alto store and head quarters at Deer Creek RD. Following an 80 mile test drive up the mountains and down to Half Moon Bay, I was sold.

My girlfriend and I are preparing for the attention we'll be getting from people. What is your experience? Do you get a lot of people asking about the car, wanting a test drive, taking photos, etc? What am I getting myself into?!

Here in Minnesota I can go a couple of days without having anyone actually approach me. Sometimes I have to answer questions from people several times in one day. Beware of the guys who collect at the exits of parking lots/ramps and keep asking questions while you're trapped behind the gate. I find that a lot of people are polite and ask permission to take a picture. I was at a SuperAmerica station getting a hot dog the other evening and attracted a crowd. One guy must have said "No way!" 30 times, to every little factoid I brought up. "It has 6831 lap-top batteries in this box here..." "No way!"

I find alot of people take pictures with their cell phones while driving, but relatively speaking I haven't had alot of people come up to me and ask me about the car directly. Maybe that is because I have gotten so use to the extreme attention from people when I drive my 10 year Orange Sparrow. Anyways, the funniest thing is when you are at stores or restaurants, listening to people talk about the Roadster as they are coming in, because they don't know whose car it is they will say just about anything. Of course almost everyone comments about how beautiful the car is and I am always surprised how many people know what the Tesla is all about. In my Sparrow, I still get asked more times than not how many miles per gallon I get, whereas I don't think anyone has ever asked me that about the Roadster. Very few strangers have been bold enough to ask for a test drive.

Anyway, the attention is always fun and if it helps the EV cause all the better.

Following an 80 mile test drive up the mountains and down to Half Moon Bay, I was sold.

Happens to everyone who drives the Roadster!:wink:

What is your experience? Do you get a lot of people asking about the car...!

Yes :biggrin:

...wanting a test drive,

...taking photos, etc?

What am I getting myself into?!

You will be surprised how many friends you have! :biggrin:

Do you get a lot of people asking about the car, wanting a test drive, taking photos, etc? What am I getting myself into?!

Your car will be photographed on a daily basis. Sometimes you will see three different people take pictures of your car just while eating at a restaurant. Someone will probably post a picture of it on the web (there are "car nut" web sites for the purpose!).

You need to build a little "Tesla time" into your schedule as people come up to ask you questions about it.

You will give all your friends and coworkers - and a few strangers - rides in the car. And you won't mind it one bit. Actually the opposite. You'll count how many people say "holy sh**" versus other exclamations. Oddly you'll never let anyone else get behind the wheel.

One day, just as I was getting out of the car, a guy walking past came over, shook my hand and then carried on walking....

I seem to get questions/comments literally every single day. I wonder if the number of questions and exclamations is related to the scarcity of Teslas (Teslii?) in this area?

Last edited:
My Tesla Roadster was delivered today. And my first trip was just amazing! The acceleration is better than any other sports car I've driven so far! And all the other features (iPhone interface, garage opener, navigation system etc.) also worked without any problems.

So the first impression after one day: the best car I've ever had!

On one of the pictures you see the new Hamburg demo car (orange) which was also delivered today.

Attachments

• Roadster_2.JPG
    Roadster_2.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 162
  • Roadster_1.jpg
    Roadster_1.jpg
    528.3 KB · Views: 150
A lot of folks ask about the car...mostly the same basic questions but you do run into the odd enthusiast who had read in depth about the Roadster & TM.

I find it handy to keep a stack of homemade "business" cards in the glove box (all it has on it is the TM logo & the website address)...the cards are good when you are running late and folks want to keep asking questions...they let you escape diplomatically...