Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production (Non-Sig) Model X Vin #'s now being issued

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yet there is still no graph for 90D or 70D because they have not even started VIN assignments, production or anything else but potentially batching those into similar pre-production groups for which they have not told us anything but "mid-2016", whatever that means. At least we have a visual slope for the graph that we may be able to use once the first 90D gets a VIN, which remains anyones guess for now. For now, we're in the middle of the bus. All Sigs and P90's will get off the bus and into their rides before the first 90D comes to any of us low lifes!

yet there is still no graph for 90D or 70D because they have not even started VIN assignments, production or anything else but potentially batching those into similar pre-production groups for which they have not told us anything but "mid-2016", whatever that means. At least we have a visual slope for the graph that we may be able to use once the first 90D gets a VIN, which remains anyones guess for now. For now, we're in the middle of the bus. All Sigs and P90's will get off the bus and into their rides before the first 90D comes to any of us low lifes!

Was at the SC getting a fix on my S and spoke to my DS and while last week she said my production P90D had entered production, she confirmed today that it has not yet entered production but I should have the car in mid February to mid March. Not sure anyone really knows what is going on for sure. Again, I am black with onyx rims, P90D ludicrous and every option except tow and cold weather package.

On the plus side, I did see a white Model X with white seats. Wow and I didn't like the nose on the white X in pictures. In person, it looks AMAZING!

Nice graph! I wonder --

- It may be better to use the confirmation date rather than the reservation date?
- You may want to have separate data sets for signature and production orders.

I'll work on it this afternoon.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice graph! I wonder --

- It may be better to use the confirmation date rather than the reservation date?
- You may want to have separate data sets for signature and production orders.

I'll work on it this afternoon.

they have not told us anything but "mid-2016", whatever that means.

I'm guessing they're using a deliberately broad window because they simply don't know yet! There are too many unknowns - how many people will confirm, what configurations will they choose(*), how fast will they be able to make cars, what complications will arise, how many problems will they have to fix in the factory or in SCs, what supply problems will pop up, etc.

They have a large number of vehicles to create using a new process, they will not be able to tell you that your reservation P#16840 will be assembled on exactly 6/23/2016, so they're giving you a rough estimate. Maybe something unexpected occurs and it'll slip into August or later? Unlikely, but could happen. It's possible to tell at this point.

(*) Okay, the first two ARE known at this point, but it's probably still too early to make accurate extrapolations out of that data until they have a better grip on how quickly they'll be able to build cars.

My guess is that they're also trying to get a hold on their timeframe promises. Mid-2016 seems like a very conservative estimate for 90D orders, and that's how they should be doing it so long as it isn't deterring new orders. Since I don't think the latter is the case, it's best to just under promise and over deliver on timeframe (for once), especially given the history of the MX release.

As I mentioned upthread, I'm hoping for my MX in June. I'd like to take a longish early summer road trip in it. Early June seems reasonable, given the timeframes that P90D customers are hearing, but I'm going to take it easy and manage my expectations.

I'm a couple thousand earlier reservation (Sept 2014), ordered my P90D w/premium on 1/6 and got my high 600s VIN on 1/19. My DS's introductory email last week said to prepare for delivery in March.

I'll save some time since I'm picking up at the factory. I also wonder if Tesla will goose California deliveries to get them under the mid-March phase out of EV tax credits for high earners. Of course, I'm just thinking out loud. I still expect a March delivery.

I am not sure that they are on the back side of the P's, my story is in my footer; summary reserved May-14, Confirmed 2-Jan, No VIN and No DS

Have you called to see if anything is up? Seems like you might've fallen through the cracks. Also, my DS contacted me via email. Make sure your Tesla communications aren't ending up in spam. Also, if you are relying on your my.tesla page, maybe a glitch is preventing any updates from posting.

I can see no reason in your config why you would be so delayed, and definitely no reason why I should be ahead of you.

I'll save some time since I'm picking up at the factory. I also wonder if Tesla will goose California deliveries to get them under the mid-March phase out of EV tax credits for high earners. Of course, I'm just thinking out loud. I still expect a March delivery.

Have you called to see if anything is up? Seems like you might've fallen through the cracks. Also, my DS contacted me via email. Make sure your Tesla communications aren't ending up in spam. Also, if you are relying on your my.tesla page, maybe a glitch is preventing any updates from posting.

I can see no reason in your config why you would be so delayed, and definitely no reason why I should be ahead of you.
I really hope that is the case. $2500 is a nice upgrade :)

My guess is that they're also trying to get a hold on their timeframe promises. Mid-2016 seems like a very conservative estimate for 90D orders, and that's how they should be doing it so long as it isn't deterring new orders. Since I don't think the latter is the case, it's best to just under promise and over deliver on timeframe (for once), especially given the history of the MX release.

This is quite the possibility as I'm now at two weeks after my 1/11 reservation but still don't have an invite to configure. Certainly feels like they may be deterring a bit...

This is really getting unnerving. I ordered in March 2014, (order sequence 91xx) confirmed in December with P90D (Loaded). No word at all, and others who reserved, confirmed later have VINs and now delivery contacts. I called two weeks ago and confirmed that my VIN had not been issued and no other information was available. I will give this another week, and call again.

This is really getting unnerving. I ordered in March 2014, (order sequence 91xx) confirmed in December with P90D (Loaded). No word at all, and others who reserved, confirmed later have VINs and now delivery contacts. I called two weeks ago and confirmed that my VIN had not been issued and no other information was available. I will give this another week, and call again.

You reserved in 3/2014, you ordered a P90D sometime in late December or early Jan (based on your reservation number), but did you get the Premium Upgrades Package? If not you don't have a VIN yet like everyone else who didn't get a premium upgrades package on a P90.

Two weeks ago I didn't have a VIN or DS contact. So lots could've happened since. Assuming "loaded" includes the premium package, you should certainly be ahead of me in the queue unless California deliveries are getting priority to get us in ahead of the expiring EV credits. Tesla apparently did something similar in Denmark. But seeing who else got VINs, I'm not getting any sense that that's the case.

I'm a few hundred behind you and I have not had any updated since it confirmed. All options expect ludicrous.

My guess is you forgot to choose the super-secret premium upgrades package which on the surface may appear trivial and contain features you don't really care about, but in fact enables your car to be built before all other P90D/P90DLs regardless of order sequence or confirmation date... :rolleyes:

Sincerely,

Your fellow VINless non-premium P90DL December confirmer.

Last edited:
Yes, I have the premium package. Everything but Lud. and Cold Weather. 6 seat. I can understand the California incentive -- however, Dewebb66 is in Calif. and nothing either...... oh well. Just need to do some planning....

With all the automated customer contact technology available, I would hope Tesla installs this prior to the Model 3. In the mass market, Tesla can't receive calls on people asking where there car is. My Audi dealer installed a chip in my car, so when it is in for service, the service writer can see exactly where the vehicle is (oil change, mechanics area, parking lot or car wash) without leaving his computer or interrupting any one for an update. Sage Software's headquarters (customer tracking and contact) is 1 mile from me..... I should have them make a "sales" call on Tesla. :smile:

Yes, I have the premium package. Everything but Lud. and Cold Weather. 6 seat. I can understand the California incentive -- however, Dewebb66 is in Calif. and nothing either...... oh well. Just need to do some planning....

I don't know what to think. I reserved mid 2012 (14xx sequence #), confirmed 12/1. VIN 12/23 (4xx). My DS (who has never reached out to me, I found her) has only been able to say "early 2016", on several occasions. I ordered premium and am taking delivery at the factory. Who knows what is going on. I'm very surprised I'm still speculating!!