Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production (Non-Sig) Model X Vin #'s now being issued

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an update today and am in production as well. VIN is in upper 400s near omarsultan. I didn't get any projected timing information, which is fine with me. I just want it built well (and soon)! I was told that it takes longer to build an X than an S and it seems to me like they don't know quite yet how long it will take to build each X (just what I gather, not what I was told) since they're still ramping up. Things are moving!

Glad to see this. Please update us.

At this point there are going to be production deliveries before sigs. And I'm not talking about sigs who haven't confirmed yet. I'm talking about sigs that went into production in December.

I am not sure about that. No production holder has taken delivery and we don't know how many sigs are left. Is it 20 or 100 or more? I would guess it's on the lower side and TM will do everything they can to get the sigs delivered first.

Last edited:
I am not sure about that. No production holder has taken delivery and we don't know how many songs are left. Is it 20 or 100 or more? I would guess it's on the lower side and TM will do everything they can to get the dogs delivered first.

photodune-7590588-portrait-of-dog-singing-on-vintage-microphone-xs.jpg

Just got email from my DS (Dedham, MA) in response to question about where my car is in terms of production. I am Production VIN 3XX.

He said, "Your car has entered the initial stages of production, specifically the pre-paint phase. We don’t have a specific timeline for production but expect your car to be arriving sometime in March. I won’t be able to give more specific timing until the car finishes production and enters transit.
The Vin numbers don’t signify a place in line, they tend to produce the cars in batches depending on options/colors."

Short answer is no, others that you have confirmed before you (myself included) do not have a VIN yet either. You can see some of the statuses by looking at ModelXTracker.com
The tracker from what I can tell doesn't show date Vin assigned... did you order a P90D? If so when did you confirm? Trying to get an idea when VIN should come. Saw someone here got it just short of 4 weeks for a P90D and was confirmed a week before.

not to worry @dwebb66. Tesla hasn't issue a VIN since 1/22. I think they are working through the final Sigs and the Production VINs issued in December and January. There may be a "ramp", but seems to have a long slow slope. I confirmed in Dec and do not have a VIN as of yet, so you are not forgotten. I made a change to the color and interior, and those are now in my Design on MyTesla site. So someone is paying attention.

The tracker from what I can tell doesn't show date Vin assigned... did you order a P90D? If so when did you confirm? Trying to get an idea when VIN should come. Saw someone here got it just short of 4 weeks for a P90D and was confirmed a week before.

All of of the details of my order are in my footer. P90D with all options except Ludicrous.

- - - Updated - - -

not to worry @dwebb66. Tesla hasn't issue a VIN since 1/22. I think they are working through the final Sigs and the Production VINs issued in December and January. There may be a "ramp", but seems to have a long slow slope. I confirmed in Dec and do not have a VIN as of yet, so you are not forgotten. I made a change to the color and interior, and those are now in my Design on MyTesla site. So someone is paying attention.

Aljohn. Yep I understand the situation. I was responding to modelx007.

There was a question whether the ModelXTracker.com tracks the date the VIN was assigned. The answer is yes it does but only if you put the information in the tracker. When I checked the last VIN was 1101 issued on 2/19/2016. They still haven't finished assigning the VINs for the first group (P90D & P90DL with at least autopilot and premium package). They have stopped assigning VINs to those who ordered 22" black onyx wheels and have not scheduled production for the few VINs that slipped few with this option. The last date I saw was September before black onyx wheels will be available. The second group will be P90D without premium and autopilot option. My estimate from everything I have read in the news is they probably won't finish all P90Ds for six to eight months. Then on to the 90Ds and finally the 70Ds. With over 22,000 cars reserved and more people ordering cars every day Tesla will have a backlog for a long time. As more Model X hit the street over the next couple of months and they get media attention this will just increase the backlog.

Reservation #8143 | Order Confirmed 12/17/15 | Prod VIN 0251 | VIN Assigned 12/23/15 | P90D | Titanium Metallic | Tan Leather | Ash wood | Light Headliner | 20" silver helix wheels | Premium upgrade | Autopilot | Six seat (2-2-2) | Towing | 72 Amp Charger | Delivery Scheduled for 2/26/16 | Orlando Service Center

Please update "http://ModelXTracker.com" with information about your Model X order.

With over 22,000 cars reserved and more people ordering cars every day Tesla will have a backlog for a long time. As more Model X hit the street over the next couple of months and they get media attention this will just increase the backlog.

Reserved != Ordered. Only a subset of the people who reserved actually placed an order. And as outlined in various posts, Tesla will be ramping up the production once they improve the process.

I'm still doubtful I'll see my 90D before fall, but the rate at which they produce cars will increase over time.

My VIN was issued a few hours ago...

Reserved 5/29/15, Reservation# 17,8XX, Configure Invitation 1/4/16, Configured 1/11/16, DS Assigned 1/14/16, Confirmed 1/18/16, VIN Assigned 2/29/16, MX Production VIN# 0013XX

Model X P90D | All-Wheel Drive | Obsidian Black Metallic Paint | 22" Onyx Black Wheels | Ultra White Seats | Carbon Fiber Décor | Black Headliner | Six Seat Interior | Active Spoiler | Tesla Red Brake Calipers | Supercharger Enabled | High Amperage Charger Upgrade | Autopilot Convenience Features | Premium Upgrades Package | Smart Air Suspension | Ultra High Fidelity Sound | Subzero Weather Package | Towing Package