Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production (Non-Sig) Model X Vin #'s now being issued

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My VIN was issued a few hours ago...

Reserved 5/29/15, Reservation# 17,8XX, Configure Invitation 1/4/16, Configured 1/11/16, DS Assigned 1/14/16, Confirmed 1/18/16, VIN Assigned 2/29/16, MX Production VIN# 0013XX

Model X P90D | All-Wheel Drive | Obsidian Black Metallic Paint | 22" Onyx Black Wheels | Ultra White Seats | Carbon Fiber Décor | Black Headliner | Six Seat Interior | Active Spoiler | Tesla Red Brake Calipers | Supercharger Enabled | High Amperage Charger Upgrade | Autopilot Convenience Features | Premium Upgrades Package | Smart Air Suspension | Ultra High Fidelity Sound | Subzero Weather Package | Towing Package

Didn't up you report this on several other threads.

Did anyone get a call/email when they were issued a VIN? I was reading the forums about some of the website glitches and upon signing into my page, my RN number disappeared and it was surprisingly replace by a VIN number. Curious to know if I'm ever going get any correspondence about status updates or just when the car is ready for pickup? Anxious like everyone else.

Did anyone get a call/email when they were issued a VIN? I was reading the forums about some of the website glitches and upon signing into my page, my RN number disappeared and it was surprisingly replace by a VIN number. Curious to know if I'm ever going get any correspondence about status updates or just when the car is ready for pickup? Anxious like everyone else.
What did you order?

My VIN was issued a few hours ago...

Reserved 5/29/15, Reservation# 17,8XX, Configure Invitation 1/4/16, Configured 1/11/16, DS Assigned 1/14/16, Confirmed 1/18/16, VIN Assigned 2/29/16, MX Production VIN# 0013XX

Model X P90D | All-Wheel Drive | Obsidian Black Metallic Paint | 22" Onyx Black Wheels | Ultra White Seats | Carbon Fiber Décor | Black Headliner | Six Seat Interior | Active Spoiler | Tesla Red Brake Calipers | Supercharger Enabled | High Amperage Charger Upgrade | Autopilot Convenience Features | Premium Upgrades Package | Smart Air Suspension | Ultra High Fidelity Sound | Subzero Weather Package | Towing Package

First off congrats!

at sequence 17xxx With Vin's assigned for P90D I hope it's a few more weeks before the first tranche of P90d vin assignments are done and they start with the 90's. I'm 14xxx and confirmed a 90D so good to see they are past me with vin assignments for P90 reservation holders. Am assuming they will stop at 30k sequence number for P90 and then start at the beginning of the line for 90D vin assignment.

yes I know vin didn't mean production, but it does mean closer than I was without a vin

at sequence 17xxx With Vin's assigned for P90D I hope it's a few more weeks before the first tranche of P90d vin assignments are done and they start with the 90's

Don't forget they have to go back to the beginning of the P90Ds without premium and roll through those. We're still just on P90D-Premium. A few more weeks, I seriously doubt. Love to be proven wrong.

First off congrats!

at sequence 17xxx With Vin's assigned for P90D I hope it's a few more weeks before the first tranche of P90d vin assignments are done and they start with the 90's. I'm 14xxx and confirmed a 90D so good to see they are past me with vin assignments for P90 reservation holders. Am assuming they will stop at 30k sequence number for P90 and then start at the beginning of the line for 90D vin assignment.

yes I know vin didn't mean production, but it does mean closer than I was without a vin

Thanks highedu!

Sending good vibes your way to get your VIN soon! Maybe you'll see me on the Bay Bridge this Summer - Possibly Spring?.?.?.

Are there really a lot of P90Ds without premium ?

There are definitely a few of us. The MX tracker currently says 19.3% of production orders are non-premium, but like you are implying I would agree that the percentage would likely be lower for P90D orders. I also chose the least popular paint color (Sliver Metallic), which less than 5% of people chose, which also could delay things.

Gas Guzzler - Don't expect a call or email from TM until it's closer to delivery - unless you have a proactive DS. They don't really have anything to tell you. Best I can tell you is you will likely go into production in 5-6 weeks. How long you stay in production? That's a different story.

There seems to be a number of P90Ds with Premium Pkg that have not received VINs. I wouldn't take the latest few VIN assignments of any trend. Looking only at what is, and forgetting what isn't can lead to very false conclusions. There is still a long ways to go. As hopeful as I can be, my P90D Premium, Ultra HI Fi, etc. has no VIN after 2 years of reservation and 3 months since confirmed. Any guesses?? I have run out of rationale.

There seems to be a number of P90Ds with Premium Pkg that have not received VINs. I wouldn't take the latest few VIN assignments of any trend. Looking only at what is, and forgetting what isn't can lead to very false conclusions. There is still a long ways to go. As hopeful as I can be, my P90D Premium, Ultra HI Fi, etc. has no VIN after 2 years of reservation and 3 months since confirmed. Any guesses?? I have run out of rationale.

Where are you located?

I reserved three years ago, and I have a VIN, What was your Reservation number?

@CTemp222 My reservation # was 913x reserved in March 2014. Latest VIN assigned on 2/1 was res. #18,332 reportedly reserved in May 2015. Same color and similar Config P90Ds.
Seems odd to say the least. Hopefully Tesla is getting things together.

Not really sure what being assigned a VIN actually meant so I emailed my DS to clarify. Not sure if it did, you be the judge:
"If a car has been assigned a VIN number, it means it has been sequenced and queued for production. It does not mean your vehicle is currently in active production."
Does anyone have any idea what "active production" means? It sounds like getting a VIN may just be part of the paperwork and does not really point to any real changes in actually getting a MX.

Not really sure what being assigned a VIN actually meant so I emailed my DS to clarify. Not sure if it did, you be the judge:
"If a car has been assigned a VIN number, it means it has been sequenced and queued for production. It does not mean your vehicle is currently in active production."
Does anyone have any idea what "active production" means? It sounds like getting a VIN may just be part of the paperwork and does not really point to any real changes in actually getting a MX.

Getting a VIN means they have started sourcing parts and know roughly when the production line will start on your car. It definitely does not mean anything with respect to when you will get your car yet. With Model S once you get your VIN it's about 5 weeks to getting your car.

While being assigned a VIN is an indication that they started sourcing parts for your car, and is not an indication that your car will be completed any time soon, it is still nice to have a VIN, because a VIN is a Vehicle Identification Number. The VIN makes the car a little more real.