Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Program to manage the volume of the Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jbih

Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
I've written a program that counts the ratings on each post, sums them up, and hides posts that are under the specified threshold.

And it works extremely well. Not sure how the screenshot will turn out in this post but
  • Two pages (i.e. 40 posts) of the thread have simply been skipped because they were under the threshold
  • On this page, 5 out of 20 posts were shown. Note that posts #107762-#107768 are skipped.
I am able to do a full time job and read my Twitter feed, reddit and the Investors' Roundtable all in one day.

I've written this program in my favorite programming language (Rust) and it needs to run locally on the computer. This is not the best solution and I think the functionality should be directly implemented in the forum software or as a userscript like a greasemonkey script. The only reason I didn't write a userscript is because I'm a Rust fanboy and dislike Javascript.

Note that my specific implementation also cuts out advertisement. That's why I paid for a membership, and it's also why I won't simply open source the program. To convince the forum owners, I could implement a check for paid membership and give out the program as closed source.

To reiterate, this program is extremely helpful for me and I think its mechanics should be a feature available to every regular reader of this forum and thread.

Attachments

• screenshot_2019-11-27-09:06:39.39.png
    screenshot_2019-11-27-09:06:39.39.png
    243.8 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: EVNow and VValleyEV
I've written a program that counts the ratings on each post, sums them up, and hides posts that are under the specified threshold.

And it works extremely well. Not sure how the screenshot will turn out in this post but
  • Two pages (i.e. 40 posts) of the thread have simply been skipped because they were under the threshold
  • On this page, 5 out of 20 posts were shown. Note that posts #107762-#107768 are skipped.
I am able to do a full time job and read my Twitter feed, reddit and the Investors' Roundtable all in one day.

I've written this program in my favorite programming language (Rust) and it needs to run locally on the computer. This is not the best solution and I think the functionality should be directly implemented in the forum software or as a userscript like a greasemonkey script. The only reason I didn't write a userscript is because I'm a Rust fanboy and dislike Javascript.

Note that my specific implementation also cuts out advertisement. That's why I paid for a membership, and it's also why I won't simply open source the program. To convince the forum owners, I could implement a check for paid membership and give out the program as closed source.

To reiterate, this program is extremely helpful for me and I think its mechanics should be a feature available to every regular reader of this forum and thread.
Amazing.

I'd write something similar but I lack the required skills :p.

On a serious note: if that would be embedded in TMC I would use it every day.