Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Programming homelink garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is programmed, and it works great for both garage doors. It was intuitive for me to accomplish, so I don't remember the details. But it worked first try. It involves getting out of the car and pressing the learn button on the garage door opener motor and also getting out and pressing your actual garage door opener remote control in front of your car. So now I keep my regular garage door openers devices in my ICE car and use the Homelink on my Tesla. Keeps the clutter out of the car.

I had tried to program mine and it didn't work as the screen instructions provided (Chamberlain opener). I had to call Chamberlain tech support for them to walk me through an alternative method which I don't remember what it was.

I got it programmed. Thank you everyone.
The mistake that I made when programmed it was that I did not stand close enough to the front of the car thinking that if the car’s transmitter can send out signal to the garage opener 100 yards away, seating inside the car or stand around the front door should be close enough during the process but Noooo. I literally letting the garage remote touching the front of the car that up close and BAM, headlights flashed indicate signal accepted... after that, programming others were so much quick. Again, thank you

Reactions: posey_mvp
I got it programmed. Thank you everyone.
The mistake that I made when programmed it was that I did not stand close enough to the front of the car thinking that if the car’s transmitter can send out signal to the garage opener 100 yards away, seating inside the car or stand around the front door should be close enough during the process but Noooo. I literally letting the garage remote touching the front of the car that up close and BAM, headlights flashed indicate signal accepted... after that, programming others were so much quick. Again, thank you
There's a trick to everything, and you just learned the trick to programming Homelink. Congrats!

The one thing that is briefly mentioned in some programming manuals is thatythat need to throw in a new set of batteries into the transmitter...

That typically solves that issue where you either don't get a confirmation from the vehicle, or, it seems to have programmed, but didn't work properly...

Just because the transmitter works with the garage door doesn't mean the vehicle is able to detect the signal correctly or at all...