Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Liftmaster and Homelink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t have the myQ system. But my remote had successfully programmed Homelink on my Cadillac and honda.
Unfortunately I can not seem to figure out how to get it working on my model s. I went thru all the directions but can’t get those lights to blink. Anyone have any sugggestions as it relates to what I’m doing.

Appreciate it.

Here is a pic of the Liftmaster remote I am using.

Attachments

• IMG_2674.jpeg
    IMG_2674.jpeg
    450.8 KB · Views: 111
I had Homelink program flawlessly on both my cars. I pointed the remote at the 'T' in front, with the frunk shut. Most recently, I did this two weeks ago with the new car. I also kept the button pressed on the remote for ~10-15 seconds until the lights blinked.

Thanks all. I tried it with a different brand garage opener and the Homelink worked. So it made me think that for whatever reason my controller from 2011 and my Tesla (2018) don’t play well together.
It’s odd because the controller worked great for my 2022 pilot and 2019 Cadillac. Either way I ordered an upgraded remote, since I know it works with other remotes (went to the neighbors just to confirm the Tesla lights went on to show its learning which it did) so maybe the new remote will do the trick.
If not….i think I’ll just keep the remote in my car like we did when we weren’t so technologically advanced

Follow up here….is it worth an appointment at Tesla to try to look at this? I really don’t think it’s a Tesla issue as it works with my neighbors garage.

Make an appointment? I have not received the new remote just yet. But would appreciate your help on determining if Tesla would be able to do anything for me.

If you don't get a mobile service appointment, there isn't much Tesla can do from the shop. I hate to say this, but at Tesla's hourly service rates, it might be cheaper to just install a new garage door opener instead of letting them diagnose it.
I have a '12 S and a '17 S with two homelink door openers, one from '98 and one from '21, both openers were able to program to both to both cars using fresh remote batteries.

Reactions: brkaus
Your Tesla and associated Homelink module are probably working properly. It's almost certainly an issue with the remote or programming process. If your programming button is blue you might try D-Mode instead and use the learn button on the Liftmaster (see the little note here: HomeLink ). Also, the instructions for Homelink programming recommend new batteries in the remote.