Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Proportions... not right

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I definitely don't think the proportions are the cars best quality. Imo, the 3 is better and the S looks the best. But I also think the proportions make it only slightly less attractive than the 3 and also bring a lot of versatility that the 3 doesn't have.

Reactions: Yurand
I can’t argue with the utility aspect of the Y, but my opinion of course when I see one parked I get thrown back. It’s a bloated 3 and not done right. Again, I don’t like these coupe SUVs to begin with but I think one of the finer examples is the Audi Q8

I can’t argue with the utility aspect of the Y, but my opinion of course when I see one parked I get thrown back. It’s a bloated 3 and not done right. Again, I don’t like these coupe SUVs to begin with but I think one of the finer examples is the Audi Q8
So what's your point exactly? You don't like how it looks and haven't bought one - free will right? Hoping for others to agree for some reason and why? Pointless..... o_O

I had hoped the Y might replace my S in a couple years if the S didn’t get a major overhaul but I have seen the Y at superchargers a couple times and the proportions are just way off. It’s mostly the rear but the front isn’t saved either. I must admit I find it very ugly, they should have stuck to a more traditional SUV silhouette. I also find all these “coupe” SUVs ugly as well.
I wonder what made you think it might be a good idea to stop by the 'Model Y Forum' and piss on the car? Thanks for stopping by.

I own the MY in white, and find myself stopping and staring at it whenever I take a few steps away from the car. I truly am stunned by it's lines. And I never felt that way about the M3. I think I am in love.
Well, I can say I think the MY is definitely better looking than my M3 for sure - has better proportioned and more muscular lines IMOH....

I had hoped the Y might replace my S in a couple years if the S didn’t get a major overhaul but I have seen the Y at superchargers a couple times and the proportions are just way off. It’s mostly the rear but the front isn’t saved either. I must admit I find it very ugly, they should have stuck to a more traditional SUV silhouette. I also find all these “coupe” SUVs ugly as well.

Everyone is entitled to express their opinion, but "Y" would you go out of your way to do so on the MY forum where owners obviously like the looks or they wouldn't have purchased one.:confused:

But in this case, I believe the Y gives you similar but sexier lines, better storage, more room, advanced technology and superb efficiency for a few bucks more than the M3 and way less money than the S or X. I think it's a home run.

In most all cases, a sedan or coupe looks better than a SUV based on that same platform. Gets better mileage and cost less too.

Reason the SUV's have become the most popular version is due to added versatility and capability.

Buyers get their choice.