Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Proving servicing at the end of the lease agreement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am on a 4 year lease and I have now had the car for coming up to 2 years. It’s my understanding no servicing is required. However, I will be changing the pollen filters myself in the next month and checking brake fluid water content. The lease provider is happy if Tesla says no servicing is necessary. Does anyone know the official written stance on this? I dont want to take my car to an SC for them to charge me £200 to top up the screen wash if it’s not necessary.

Interesting take as it would be something I personally would have been more inclined to get done, AFTER winter when they have stopped salting the roads.

If the car was new I would agree ... but OP says it's 2 years old and hasn't yet had attention. I'm looking at servicing before winter too ...I don't think my brakes will survive another (3rd) without a serious clean up. I would have done them myself but the pins are solid.

I may have a look at the pins and sliders myself. I am fully competent with brakes having worked in them for years. The biggest concern for me would be jacking up and supporting so it’s safe to work on. Jack stands would be very hard to position without damaging something.

I may have a look at the pins and sliders myself. I am fully competent with brakes having worked in them for years. The biggest concern for me would be jacking up and supporting so it’s safe to work on. Jack stands would be very hard to position without damaging something.

Seized pins are a total pain. Looking at the disc condition I may be looking at warranty work so best that the SC takes a look.