Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA when washing door handles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i gave my M3 the first great wash last night after neglecting it from new for over a month :-(

I hate water spots so i always dry the nooks and crannies well. I noticed water coming from behind the door handles so i pushed them out a bit to get the towel in there and dry so it wouldn't continue seeping and when I woke up this AM noticed this on my back door. See red circle

After searching around the street with little hope of finding whatever fell out of that hole i found that little rubber nub. it's tiny.

Put it back in and back to normal. Be careful when drying/washing under the handles

IMG_1891.jpg

IMG_1890.jpg

IMG_1892.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So is the part a little rubber bumper of sorts? At least it doesn't look expensive if it does come out. I saw a post of someone who said his door handle was recessed when all his other 3 doors handles were flush with the body of the car. Wonder if this was missing on his car.

So is the part a little rubber bumper of sorts? At least it doesn't look expensive if it does come out. I saw a post of someone who said his door handle was recessed when all his other 3 doors handles were flush with the body of the car. Wonder if this was missing on his car.

Yes little rubber bumper. It is about as big as my pinky nail.

• Helpful
Reactions: SMAlset
You should have access to the full parts catalog in your Tesla account. Take the part number to the SC and if they don't have it in stock they'll order it for you.
Really?! That's awesome. I may be dense, but can you (or someone) provide some guidance on how to find the parts catalog? I asked at a service center and they said they did not sell that part on it's own ... you could only get the entire door handle assembly. I hope that's not accurate.